View Single Post
Old February 9th, 2006, 06:46 PM  
I am: I am
kolte's Forum Picture
Name: Matt

Originally Posted by Dfsg
I can't comprehend equality?

Why should a government make a spiritual thing a governmential issue rather than a religous issue? Where are the equal rights of the church? If a country takes away the right of a church to make it's own decisions, we're darned near Communism.

I fear what happened in Canada- Ministers, even some from my own demonination, were told they were breaking the law and committing hate crimes because they refused to marry gay couples. That's horrendous! Where's the Minister's rights? Or do liberals only support the rights of the non-mainstream?

A government has the power of a civil union, which gives a gay couple the same exact rights as a married couple, just done by a governmental authority. That's enough.

And please don't curse my God in such a horrible and offensive way. Take a look at the rules of the board. My God died for me and for you, and changed the hearts of untold billions of people throught the years. Are the words just out of some book? No. But that's another discussion for another day.
I will not allow my thoughts to be censored because the majority of people are offended by something that needs to be said. This is a debate and in no way am I breaking the rules concerning the content of my post, this is not a fight/flame/or bash this is not an attack on you or harassment. I understand that my post wasn’t the most friendly, or respectful post written. But damn’it I have the right to state my opinions within common law. And since as far as I’m concerned cursing God is not unlawful I will do it once or twice to express my very strong views.
Remember that this is a debate, and just because I’m a mod doesn’t mean I hold any higher a position then anyone else in the form, I’m a teenager just like the rest of us, I’m a friend, and a very opinionated person. To strip me of my right to an argument, tell me I cannot debate, that’s like taking vt away from me, vt has been one of the only place I’ve been able to vent my frustrations, don’t you dare threaten me with your empty treats.
Civil Unions are good, I know what they are, you don’t have to explain it every post, but you just have to give it all out. Marriage and all, just let it be, stop the madness, civil rights, gay rights, women’s rights, all met this kind of hostility. And if you call me a liberal again I’m going to have to hurt you XD. I am not a liberal, I support the Democratic Party one some issues, I support he Republican Party NEVER. I am unclassified as to what my political ideas lean too. Lean more the Democrat then Republican if you put me on the test. But I’m not a liberal.

""The New Law of Righteousness," that there "shall be no buying or selling, no fairs nor markets, but the whole earth shall be a common treasury for every man," and "there shall be none Lord over others, but every one shall be a Lord of himself.""