Quote:
Originally Posted by maximan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337 Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLacK SunlighT
Quote:

God has not punished since Christ's arrival, he has only rewarded. He's not forcing you to repent.
How do you know that? The way I see it, god punishes and tortures people everyday.

Quote:
And even if God created homosexuals, and that's one huge if, homosexuals could still get to heaven - if they didn't act upon their attractions. Homosexual acts are condemned in several parts of the Bible, but attraction in people of the same sex is not. He's essentially expecting us to resist temptation.
It's not temtation. Some homosexuals are just born the way they are. All throughout history, you'll hear about homosexuality. It's not just something a person can change. There are gays that want to become straight but they can't becuase it's jjust the way they are... and if they want to act upon it, fine. What kind of god would say homosexuals are not allowed to enjoy passion,sex and romance just because they'd prefer it with the same sex... why is being straight nececarrily more pure than being gay?
God does not torture or punish. Only Satan tortures and punishes.

As for the homosexual argument, for one, anal sex is a perversion, which is forbidden. Also, you seem to forget that reproduction is important, but homosexuals cannot reproduce. That, is why they are considered impure.
Reproduction is only important to Catholics. Homosexuals are equals, and if we're allowed to act upon our temptations by gods "law", they should be able to too. And God knows all right? So he knows our future? So he knows that some kids who are born are going to become homosexuals? So he does nothing about this and just tells them that they're sinners and are going to hell if they're allowed to live their life? This is all a load of bull.
You seem to be mistaken - people aren't born gay. They way they are raised might influence their sexuality when they grow older, but they're definitely not born that way. I could get in depth about this but that would stray too far off topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLacK SunlighT
thank you!... that's the point Ive been trying to get across to everyone.

God doesnt exist anymore anyways. The way I see it, and the way other post-mortal atheists see it, us humans killed god. God took the form as jesus christ the day he was born to mary and when we decided to kill jesus, that was god's little test to see if we deserved his presence any longer. We abolished our own god. That's why he isn't there when we need him.
Wrong again. Jesus wasn't sent to Earth to test if we deserved His presence, it was because too many people were sinning. Jesus came here to educate us on what's wrong and what's right. When he died on the cross, it proved that God was willing to forgive us for even our greatest sins if we feel truly sorry for them and repent.
I still don't understand "Jesus died for our sins" bullshit. No, he died because people crucified him. He didn't sit on the cross and go "okay people, I'm dying and you won't be sinners anymore". Plus, why would "god" make a man, then when people killed him say "okay, no more sins for you guys!" they KILLED him! HUMANS! KILLED HIM! And his "followers"? They didn't do anything about it.

Plus, "god" can't just make people. And its physically impossible for mary to have been a virgin if she had a freaking kid. Don't say "its one of gods miracles..." thats crap. I live by scientific fact, not bogus, impossible beliefs. I might as well say "well when I was born, I was already fluent in English. It was a miracle". Bah.