Thread: Left or Right?
View Single Post
Old February 2nd, 2006, 10:58 PM  
Dfsg
Awesome Poster

Wow, incredibly diverse vocabulary with a smattering of close-minded jargon. Also, you could spell some of the diseases correctly... Koler. If you think that we are days away from curing all disease with stem cells, you are terribly mistakened.

You also can't understand simple economic concepts. I'll explain in simple terms. Stem cell treatment (once it is more widely available)=expensive. If we want all people to be able to get it, it'll have to be covered by insurance. So- Insurance costs go up. High insurance costs take money out of the worker's pocket, so the economy flounders. Several people would probably have to get rid of their health insurance, and then not be able to get stem cells at all. Therefore, only the rich would be able to get it anyway.

It's not an issue of Republican v Democrat. It's an economic issue based on just a liberal pipe dream of a cure-all that doesn't yet exist, and might not even exist. Bush even tried- he was the FIRST president to put any public funds into stem cell research. I don't like that he did this, but there you have a conservative doing something you are cursing them for not doing.

And face this fact- no diseases (save polio and a few others) have been cured, despite over 80 years since the foundation of modern medicine (which I base off of the discovery of penicillin in the 1920s). No matter how many trillions of dollars are pumped into Research and Development, we've come NO WHERE.

This is, unless, you subscribe to the belief that cures have been found and supressed at all costs as they would damage pharmaseutical profits. This is my belief. It is these (in your words) fat greedy explatives that impede your cures. Under this theory, even if stem cell research worked, you wouldn't get rid of your neuropathy. I understand the associated pain of neuropathy, it runs in my family. There is very little to help it. Try some Accupuncture, though. It is having decent success with neuropathy, generally 6 months to a year to reduce it to 10% of the original pain.

As always- None of my statements are evaluated by the FDA.

My advice is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any diseases unless prescribed by a health practitioner. All information is provided for educational purposes only and should not replace the advice of your medical doctor.

(but your medical doctor will probably end up killing you )
Dfsg is offline   Reply With Quote