Thread: Left or Right?
View Single Post
Old February 1st, 2006, 11:40 PM  
Dfsg
Awesome Poster

Well, don't start quoting Hammurabbi's code as the Bible

As for story about going out on Cold nights- My church never taught that. It's just an old middle ages belief supported by middle ages science. We don't believe it anymore. Christians aren't stupid, we change with the times but keep our core beliefs. Over 80% of this country in the 2000 census listed themselves as Judeo-Christian, why should Judeo-Christian values have no place in our government?

Maybe some of the realms of "Progress" we are trying to tap are opening pandora's box. You have to be careful. If progress procedes unchecked, the world becomes an unsafe place.

For example, we'll use the stem cells you suggest. Okay- Doctors get free realm to experiment with them with taxpayer money and cure neuropathy (which may or may not be possible). Now it is available for use through large science labs. Do you think they will, after spending so much money, let you have the treatment for free? It will be incredibly expensive, so much so that only the wealthy will be able to get it. Okay- then people demand that insurance takes care of it. Now your insurance company carries it. Insurance costs rise for every American, so they share the burden of paying your expensive treatment costs. Less money is put into the American pockets slowing down economy, and many companies drop their medical insurance policies for their workers leaving them with no insurance whatsoever.

Sure, it's hypothetical and just my idea of what MIGHT happen, not what WILL happen, but you have to take a look at it from other perspectives.

As always- None of my statements are evaluated by the FDA.

My advice is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any diseases unless prescribed by a health practitioner. All information is provided for educational purposes only and should not replace the advice of your medical doctor.

(but your medical doctor will probably end up killing you )
Dfsg is offline   Reply With Quote