View Single Post
Old January 29th, 2006, 11:58 PM  
Dfsg
Awesome Poster

First off boog, I don't appreciate folks bashing my biological knowledge using false facts. You have met a biology guru.

Your comparison of Fetuses and viruses is quite odd. Viruses reproduce when they inject DNA or RNA into a cell and use the host cell's reproduction capabilities to reproduce. This means that the virus does not reproduce, its DNA/RNA is only reproduced when a host cell reproduces. Also, a virus has no chromosomes, while a human fetus has 46 (This is also why fetuses, while similar to other fetuses, grow into quite different organisms, they are fundimentally different due to this point).

You also say that a virus is just a cell, and that I was also just a cell at one point. Viruses are 100s of times or even 1,000,000s of times smaller than the smallest of cells. Their construction is hugely different. They are in no way, shape, or form, cells. Interestingly, a female ova is just about the size of the period that I use at the end of this sentance. An ostrich egg is the largest known cell. My size as a zygote is HUGELY larger than a virus.

-

Now on to the legal debate, which, although I am not a legal expert, I do enjoy arguing it. I simply point out that cases such as Michigan v Kurr set a precident that will one day make it to the Supreme Court for further decision. They show the flaws to Roe v Wade. If you allow abortion to the relatively small number of women seeking it, you strip the relatively large number of women who want to keep their children from the right to protect their fetuses. What do you think should happen to a boyfriend uses simple misdemeanor assault to abort her girlfriend's fetuses? Let us hope that the Roberts Court will change things.

Hurah to Samuel Alito and John Roberts!

As always- None of my statements are evaluated by the FDA.

My advice is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any diseases unless prescribed by a health practitioner. All information is provided for educational purposes only and should not replace the advice of your medical doctor.

(but your medical doctor will probably end up killing you )