View Single Post
Old January 12th, 2005, 04:03 PM  
Dfsg
Awesome Poster

The flaw in your rebuttle is that the Jews thought they were right, and their prophesies would come true-

And they did. EVERY SINGLE ONE- that's right, not one prophesy about Jesus's birth, life, and resurection wasn't fulfilled. He was a Nazareean, a Galillean, born in Bethlehem, of the Line of David, in the House of Jesse, a priest of the Order of Melkizedek, he fled the country (to Egypt), and a whole host of things. They all were prophesied in early writings, and they all happened.

The accounts I mentioned are just extra proof, or extra evidence, as would be the aproprate term for a debate.

The strongest proof that I have in the Lord is not the factual, philosophical, and intellectual arguments about His existance, but simply seeing what He can do in my life and the life of those around me. I have gotten through dark times only with His help. I noticed that when things are getting rough, it usually means I haven't prayed recently, or I have slipped out of focused worship. When I keep God in my life, He protects me. If I stray from His mercy, and then come back, it is like the prodigal son, He helps me though the dark and into the light. God answers 100% of prayers, and don't try to argue agaisnt that. I have seen a friend going though bad times take the Lord into his heart and do much better. I have seen an aunt move from a life of no purpose filled with immoral practices, turn to a life of love, purity, and filled with the grace that only Jesus Christ can give.

There's the facts (and a whole heap of em that I haven't even started to scratch the surface of), and then there is that little bit extra that proves to me that there is a Lord.

As always- None of my statements are evaluated by the FDA.

My advice is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any diseases unless prescribed by a health practitioner. All information is provided for educational purposes only and should not replace the advice of your medical doctor.

(but your medical doctor will probably end up killing you )