View Single Post
Old July 20th, 2009, 05:44 PM  
INFERNO
Awesome Poster

INFERNO's Forum Picture

Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death View Post
Yes, but that is not all instances, now is it?
True, it is not.

Quote:
Does that mean that if I wanted to, I could call you a moaning bastard? Or is that not allowed?
You could call me a moaning bastard all you want to.

Quote:
You're not going to argue against this like you've argued against everything else I've said then?
Nope because I found it to be quite reasonable and is something I myself would agree with.

Quote:
So you think that raising a question in order to make someone else question their faith in a debate is rude?
No I do not think that it is rude. I think that the way the question can be conveyed can be considered rude.

Quote:
Just because you only like debating in certain ways does not mean that you should start forcing others to debate in your way (I've said this before). How was I rude?
It was with the manner you used to ask the questions. In most cases, the idea you were getting at wasn't rude in any way, just the tone and such that you used to me was rude.

Quote:
If someone truly believes in God and Heaven (but not hell like a certain psot said and it was that quote which I was quoting), then why would they want to continue life if life on Earth is worse than Heaven? Why could they not go straight to Heaven? I am not encouraging anyone to commit suicide since I think it's stupid to do so even if you do believe in God since blind faith like that is foolish but I am basically getting religious people to think over their religion.
With that particular instance, it came off to me as though you were encouraging them to kill themselves. I do understand that you were questioning their belief and that I have no problem with but it was the way you questioned, the tone you used.

Quote:
I never attacked you for your style of debate when I saw you refuting others - I actually agreed with you when you did so your point is void.
My point still stands that both of us attacked others on here. I won't deny that I did and I'm quite certain you are well aware that you did also.

Quote:
I do not wish to start going back and grabbing things that you have said but I know that you have posted that you do not follow our concept or you do not understand what we are getting at (including peole with good points but have incoherant typing which I could understand but you couldn't) at various points.
Then it's rather pointless to continue with this idea.

Quote:
I insulted you after you started insulting me but I do not eish to go down ths road so can you drop it please? I am happy to debate so long as there's no bashing invlolved. I want to ask why I've seen contradictions in Bible stories, why some sources say one thing happened but other sources (sometimes, this is in the Bible itself so that book actually contradicts itself there) say other things. I am basically sayng that it makes what religion teaches unclear and should question its truthfulness. I'm also merely wondering why Christians say that Heaven is better than Earth but I want to continue on Earth and go to Heaven when I die naturally. I don't think that they should kill theselves for obvious reasons but I am getting them to see the flaw in their belief, nothing else. so, why then are both of the things I've said so?
Wait... did I read the part in bold correctly?

Some sources say different things because the bible, like all pieces of literature, is open to interpretation.

As for the contradictions, you can argue some of it is due to interpretation but in many places, yes, the bible does contradict itself. The reason I believe this is so is because there were numerous authors who contributed different parts to the bible.

As for your last question, you've said multiple things so I'm not sure what exactly you're referring to.

"That is my ambition, to have killed more people, more helpless people, than any man or woman who has ever lived." - Jane Toppan

"There's a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, it's just a son of a bitch getting there" - Sully Erna of Godsmack
INFERNO is offline   Reply With Quote