Old July 20th, 2009, 06:52 AM  
Death
Awesome Poster

Death's Forum Picture

Default Re: Religion

Right INFERNO, I'll try to keep this as polite but still truthful as I can:

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFERNO View Post
I don't recall being very impolite in many instances.
Yes, but that is not all instances, now is it?

Quote:
Freedom of speech, I have every right to say whatever I wish.
Does that mean that if I wanted to, I could call you a moaning bastard? Or is that not allowed?

Quote:
Sounds reasonable enough.
You're not going to argue against this like you've argued against everything else I've said then?

Quote:
In my opinion, yes you were rude. I'm glad you've opened your eyes, your opinion of me is of no concern to me. You can think of me as an asshole or as an average joe or as nobody. I couldn't care less.
So you think that raising a question in order to make someone else question their faith in a debate is rude? Just because you only like debating in certain ways does not mean that you should start forcing others to debate in your way (I've said this before). How was I rude? Think about it INFERNO. If someone truly believes in God and Heaven (but not hell like a certain psot said and it was that quote which I was quoting), then why would they want to continue life if life on Earth is worse than Heaven? Why could they not go straight to Heaven? I am not encouraging anyone to commit suicide since I think it's stupid to do so even if you do believe in God since blind faith like that is foolish but I am basically getting religious people to think over their religion. I know that most religious people would not want to even think of killing themselves and thus, I am making them refute their own religion which is good (regardless of your own preferences) for a debate.

Quote:
Then how do you expect people to provide a reasonable promotion for a religion as you mentioned above?
By posting a reasonable argument which is backed up somehow which has some logic attatched to it.

Quote:
If you wish to say that then I can assume it applies to the both of us.
I never attacked you for your style of debate when I saw you refuting others - I actually agreed with you when you did so your point is void.

Quote:
If that is the case, then please show me where I lack understanding and provide an explanation(s).
I do not wish to start going back and grabbing things that you have said but I know that you have posted that you do not follow our concept or you do not understand what we are getting at (including peole with good points but have incoherant typing which I could understand but you couldn't) at various points.

Quote:
The funny thing about your responses is that you are insulting me also. Apparently our opinions differ quite a bit though. What you call civil debate to me seemed rather rude. I can tell the difference, however, it would also appear that my differences on them would likely be different than yours.
I insulted you after you started insulting me but I do not eish to go down ths road so can you drop it please? I am happy to debate so long as there's no bashing invlolved. I want to ask why I've seen contradictions in Bible stories, why some sources say one thing happened but other sources (sometimes, this is in the Bible itself so that book actually contradicts itself there) say other things. I am basically sayng that it makes what religion teaches unclear and should question its truthfulness. I'm also merely wondering why Christians say that Heaven is better than Earth but I want to continue on Earth and go to Heaven when I die naturally. I don't think that they should kill theselves for obvious reasons but I am getting them to see the flaw in their belief, nothing else. so, why then are both of the things I've said so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
Perhaps the entire argument [the death penalty] can be summarised in just a sentence.

We kill people who kill people to show others that killing is wrong.
Death is offline   Reply With Quote