Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old July 19th, 2009, 05:35 PM  
Death
Awesome Poster
 
Death's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: May 2, 2009
Location: Britain
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deschain View Post
Chiiiill, man. I think you're forgetting this thread is primarily a poll before it was a debate. It's rudely jumping on harmless statements like that that makes atheists look hateful and fuels stereotypes.
Coming to think of it, you're right. I should have known better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTrooper00 View Post
Before you start acting like you know something about a religion, learn about it, like INFERNO. If you knew anything about Christianity, you would know that if you kill yourself, you will go to Hell.
You know this isn't true. How am I to know that those who commit suicide go to hell? I was never taught this and thus, please quote something (like the Bible for instance) that supports your claim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFERNO View Post
The problem with this is that you automatically assumed that Church was referring to Christianity. Church said he/she does believe in A heaven but not A hell. None of what Church said automatically meant that it was Christianity.
True, however, to my knowledge, Heaven only exists in religions where Hell exists too. Of course, you can politely (nice challenge for you) prove me wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFERNO View Post
First, define "evil" in reference to religion in general as opposed to "evil" in reference to a certain religion that Church never specified.

Second, define what a psychopath is. There is a psychological disorder called psychopathy but since you say "evil psychopath", I'm not entirely convinced you are referring to this condition.
I was basically referring to immoral people who do not deserve a post-life paradise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFERNO View Post
No where in Church's post was he/she attempting to prove anything to you or anyone else besides him/herself. You jumped to the conclusion that they were. I also have the feeling that even if Church did end up providing some sort of proof, you would be too intolerant of it. My evidence of this is when you say "you could say that any crap is true". Other evidence is when you automatically beat a certain religion (i.e. Christianity) when this particular religion was never specified by Church.
You have no right to say that I would be intolerant should proof be given so stop right there. When people give reasonable arguments with which to promote a religion, then I find that better than them simply saying stuff is true without any sort of argument or proof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFERNO View Post
Before you go about and say that a certain group cannot tolerate something, you might want to show some tolerance towards that group in the first place. You're being intolerant towards a group while claiming that group is intolerant of something.
You believe this and I am fine with that and accept it because I am tolerant torwards it INFERNO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFERNO View Post
This is just very rude. You may claim that I am rude towards some things that you say, however, encouraging someone to kill themselves whilst bashing their belief is just rude.
How about you stop complaining, hypocrit. I was not being rude. I am raising the question as to why someone continous with something that is inferior to what will happen upon their death (when they no longer live life) so don't be rude yourself and start being tolerant for a change. To think, I once thought that you were a reasonable, understanding and intellectual debator - what a bloody fool I was. I've oponed my eyes now, you can be sure of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFERNO View Post
Heaven exists for each individual person who believes in it. Religion does need evidence, however, it is not the type that science requires. It is the type based solely on faith and faith alone.
I don't know how many times I've posted this but I will not accept that any random stuff pulled out of thin air with no evidence can possibly be true, okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFERNO View Post
This is also rather rude and very intolerant.
I am simply refuting religion by pointing out contradiction and issues in it so get off your fucking high horse and stop attacking people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFERNO View Post
The post by T-7089 meant was that Christians believe certain parts of their religion. It has nothing to do with the particular religion. Why you go about and immediately begin bashing the overall belief I'm not sure on. But while you're at it, I'm not understanding your reasoning for saying Christianity isn't able to keep its story straight. You referenced the story of the battle of Goliath vs. David but you presented no argument for why Christianity cannot keep its story straight: you gave a conclusion, a premise for the argument and a bit of evidence but no argument.
From previous posts I've seen, there is a lot that you do not understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFERNO View Post
OK, now I'm curious. Why are you so incredibly rude and intolerant towards believers of a certain belief? I understand when you said in the past that you have no reason to believe it, that's perfectly fine. But what I don't understand is why you then act so intolerant and are so rude towards believers of that belief. All ocguy did was mention their belief, as the thread asks for.
This is the third time that you have insulted me with the same insult. Why I bother responding to a brick wall is beyond me. You do have a point with the ocguy thing though, I should have been more accepting but I was simply saying how it would not sway opinions in debates although I admit that I did it inappropiately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFERNO View Post
You may indeed agree that people have a right to believe in whatever but does that then mean that you have a right to bash their religion to bits and act incredibly rude to the believers simply because you don't agree with their belief? I understand that this is in a way exercising your right to believe in your beliefs but does that mean that you must be so rude and intolerant towards them?
Yawn, forth time. Am I hearing a "But you're being rude!"? I am simply defending myself when random insults were thrown at me first. If I did sway towards bashing when I shod have ben refuting than I apologise - but a lot of what you quoted (and insulted - no suprise there) was civil debate. Are you capable of telling the difference?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
Perhaps the entire argument [the death penalty] can be summarised in just a sentence.

We kill people who kill people to show others that killing is wrong.
Death is offline   Reply With Quote