Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old July 18th, 2009, 08:27 PM  
INFERNO
Awesome Poster
 
INFERNO's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: December 27, 2008
Location: Canada
Gender: Male
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death View Post
You do not believe in Hell and yet you believe in all the other Bible content?
The problem with this is that you automatically assumed that Church was referring to Christianity. Church said he/she does believe in A heaven but not A hell. None of what Church said automatically meant that it was Christianity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death View Post
Are you saying that the Bible is incorrect (in certain places) since it is wrong about hell?
Once again, you're assuming Church was referring to a certain religion. You took that leap with no argument that it was in fact that certain religion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death View Post
Do evil psychopaths go to Heaven?
First, define "evil" in reference to religion in general as opposed to "evil" in reference to a certain religion that Church never specified.

Second, define what a psychopath is. There is a psychological disorder called psychopathy but since you say "evil psychopath", I'm not entirely convinced you are referring to this condition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death View Post
How can you even begin to prove (proof should come before disproof otherwise you could say that any crap is true and there's nothing you can do about it) that everything happens due to an invisible man in some undefined location in the sky?
No where in Church's post was he/she attempting to prove anything to you or anyone else besides him/herself. You jumped to the conclusion that they were. I also have the feeling that even if Church did end up providing some sort of proof, you would be too intolerant of it. My evidence of this is when you say "you could say that any crap is true". Other evidence is when you automatically beat a certain religion (i.e. Christianity) when this particular religion was never specified by Church.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death View Post
Absolutely right. People cannot face up to the fact that they wither and die and so their life must come to an end.
They have to pretend that there is some afterlife that's better than Earth.
Before you go about and say that a certain group cannot tolerate something, you might want to show some tolerance towards that group in the first place. You're being intolerant towards a group while claiming that group is intolerant of something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death View Post
One thing though Christians, why can't you just kill yourself and get to this paradice sooner? Why do you avoid death?
This is just very rude. You may claim that I am rude towards some things that you say, however, encouraging someone to kill themselves whilst bashing their belief is just rude.

[QUOTE=Death;580287]
Is Heaven not better? Does Heaven not ven exist (since no evidence (if religion 'doesn't need evidence', then that only goes to show how far-fetched it all is) supports its existance).

Heaven exists for each individual person who believes in it. Religion does need evidence, however, it is not the type that science requires. It is the type based solely on faith and faith alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death View Post
This is also true; they can't keep their story straight. One example I remember is the fight with that pathetic giant (I think it was Goliath) who does not know how to fight and this boy or man (I believe his name was David) who had a sling. In RE (ages ago), I learned that as far as some random fiction novel full of bad morals written 2000 years ago was concerned, a stone was flung towards Goliath and rendered him unconcious. David then proceeded to steal his sword and decapitate the giant.
This is also rather rude and very intolerant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death View Post
However, I learned from this sad club I went to (later on but still ages ago) that David origionally had a lot of armour and weapons (wheras the first time he never did) but he got rid of them because it encumbered him. Also, in the fight, the stone shot killed Goliath instantly. This is an example of where Christianity can't keep its story straight and goes to show how made up it all is.
The post by T-7089 meant was that Christians believe certain parts of their religion. It has nothing to do with the particular religion. Why you go about and immediately begin bashing the overall belief I'm not sure on. But while you're at it, I'm not understanding your reasoning for saying Christianity isn't able to keep its story straight. You referenced the story of the battle of Goliath vs. David but you presented no argument for why Christianity cannot keep its story straight: you gave a conclusion, a premise for the argument and a bit of evidence but no argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death View Post
Congratulations on believing everyting you were told as an infant. Am I even remotely convinced that Catholism is correct from your 'argument'? Not in the slightest.
OK, now I'm curious. Why are you so incredibly rude and intolerant towards believers of a certain belief? I understand when you said in the past that you have no reason to believe it, that's perfectly fine. But what I don't understand is why you then act so intolerant and are so rude towards believers of that belief. All ocguy did was mention their belief, as the thread asks for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death View Post
That may be so, and I agree with this, but we should also be allowed to debate this (like here for instance for obvious reasons).
You may indeed agree that people have a right to believe in whatever but does that then mean that you have a right to bash their religion to bits and act incredibly rude to the believers simply because you don't agree with their belief? I understand that this is in a way exercising your right to believe in your beliefs but does that mean that you must be so rude and intolerant towards them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deschain View Post
Chiiiill, man. I think you're forgetting this thread is primarily a poll before it was a debate.
That may be so but it was placed in the part of the VT forums dedicated towards debates. That being said, I do not support the notion of immense rudeness and intolerance against a certain belief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTrooper00 View Post
Before you start acting like you know something about a religion, learn about it, like INFERNO. If you knew anything about Christianity, you would know that if you kill yourself, you will go to Hell.
Thank you for the compliment. However, you may want to learn Death's view and beliefs before you tell Death to understand your view and beliefs.

"That is my ambition, to have killed more people, more helpless people, than any man or woman who has ever lived." - Jane Toppan

"There's a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, it's just a son of a bitch getting there" - Sully Erna of Godsmack
INFERNO is offline   Reply With Quote