Thread: Pope Joan?
View Single Post
Old January 2nd, 2006, 07:24 PM  
redcar
Retired Administrator

redcar's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by <-Dying_to_Live->
the difference between the woman's suffrage movement and blacks striving for equality is that woman werent discriminated against. now hold on now before u say "bullshit u know they were!". not in the same way. blacks werent even considered people, women were just considered homemakers (and they accepted that for a long time). the womans suffrage movement wasnt as momentous as the "all men created equal under god" movement. plus, off the top of my head i can name martin luther king because you KNOW hes one of the greatest leaders of all time. i cant think of a woman suffrage leader who i would consider one of the greatest leaders of all time.
i will agree the black movement was more momentous, than the womens movement. but never the less it doesnt take away the quality of leadership skills that these women had. like u have the likes of Elizabeth Cady Stanton, just to name one, fighting for the vote and actually winning, must require a hell of a lot leadership qualities.

it doesnt matter if the woman is a leader of a mass movement or even the pricipal of a school, the size does not make a diference. its the quality. u cant judge the quality of a womans leadership ability by just loooking who had the biggest movement.

~ A L E X ~

||||||||||||
redcar is offline   Reply With Quote