Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old July 3rd, 2009, 12:35 PM  
Awesome Poster
Death's Forum Picture
Default Re: Religion

Originally Posted by ThUnDeR View Post
okthis might be a bit confusing but this is my side of religeon...... i beleive in god for many reasons 1. how did everything apear like it did... the big bang theory is a bit of bull shit too me really ok we have to rocks slam into eachother and create a earth! with land and mountains and water and plants yea right.. next lets talk bout eveolution that is bull shit too.. ur telling me that i eveoved from a fish? yea okay.. and we also eveoved from monkeys? i dont think so. i have a question for everyone why dont we see anything evolving now like we never see anymore monkeys turn into humans . i no it takes millions of years but mankind has been here for a while so dont you think we would have seen somthin evolve by now??? and like how are all our organs working???? really oka right single cell organsm ... SYKEEE also think of all the people who have died and brought back too life. what did they say. they said they saw LIGHT! and even this one guy wrote a book bout it click here too seee the book okay so that is my main reason why i believe in god XD
From what you have just said, it is obvious to me that you have absolutely no idea whatsoever of what you are arguing against. Therefore, how about you actually learn the concepts before you call them 'bullshit'? And humans probraly are evolving, it's just you are expecting things to happen to quickly. You seem to be saying that the 'fact' that everything just appeared is illogical. Well, let me tell you this, not only are you completely oblivious to the big bang theory (try reading about it here first), but you also are not considering this: How could some superior and unique being just suddenly appear and make everything with all but a few words in no more than a week? See the problem? And thus, you know damn well that your argument is no more logical as ours so you may want to revise that pathetic attitude of yours and stop effectively calling us 'bullshitters', okay!

Furthermore, one book written by a mentally unstable or (more likely) corrupt liar is by no means evidence so I have no idea why the hell you use it as such. Also, like INFERNO has said, do you even know the full concept of evolution? In the highly likely (near certain) event that you don't, click here. Next time, please actually put some thought into your arguments instead of rushing in and posting nonsense, thankyou.

Originally Posted by INFERNO View Post
Evil is a very subjective term and I have to ask, what is your definition of evil and of good?
Evil: Pure, definite (and also pointless) evil is going out of your way to hurt others in any way. It could be anythng from simple bullying to murder. More subtle evil which is more like corruption than actual evil can be trying to benefit somehow but not caring how you do it. This can include selling a new brand of drink but putting an unkown drug in it (without people knowing) that makes the drinker become addicted without realisation and thus comes back to but more and more. This is doing something evil in order to benefit; corruption.

Good: Definite good comes from going out of your way and makng sacrifices to help others. Say, you had to choose (don't ask for an actual scenareo; just make one up in your mind) to either save the lives of several good people who you do not know at all or save a loved one, the good thing to do would be save the good people despite the fact that you don't know them and your will be extremely upset with the death of your loved one. More common but also good ways of being good is simply being kind and helpful in all the little ways like putting rubbish in the bin instead of throwing it on the ground, helping someone prepare a meal or complimenting people.

Originally Posted by ThUnDeR View Post
w.e im just gonna stop talking now XD
Why? Because you understand that we all have a point and you don't and so you do not wish to continue 'arguing'?

Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
Perhaps the entire argument [the death penalty] can be summarised in just a sentence.

We kill people who kill people to show others that killing is wrong.

Last edited by Death; July 5th, 2009 at 11:34 AM.
Death is offline   Reply With Quote