Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old July 2nd, 2009, 11:02 PM  
INFERNO
Awesome Poster

INFERNO's Forum Picture

Default Re: Religion

The problem with this is your complete lack of understanding of evolution and I'm willing to bet also of science. But please, read up on the Big Bang Theory, the theory of evolution and the fundamentals of science as you demonstrate you don't have the faintest clue about any of them.

Although I must admire you intolerance and ignorance, calling things you don't even understand to be bullshit... . I wonder if you realize that medicine, which you may like is heavily based on physiology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThUnDeR View Post
. how did everything apear like it did... the big bang theory is a bit of bull shit too me really ok we have to rocks slam into eachother and create a earth! with land and mountains and water and plants yea right..
That is not even close to what the Big Bang Theory states. The Big Bang Theory is based on the concept that the universe expanded and keeps expanding from a very small yet incredibly dense sphere of energy.

The idea you're proposing is not too difficult to understand: take two big rocks, slam'em together and some little bit is produced. Basic science tells you how mountains are formed but plants, animals, etc.. were not instantly made when Earth was formed.

Quote:
next lets talk bout eveolution that is bull shit too.. ur telling me that i eveoved from a fish? yea okay.. and we also eveoved from monkeys? i dont think so.
Before you begin discrediting it, please tell me your definition of the theory of evolution.

Quote:
i have a question for everyone why dont we see anything evolving now like we never see anymore monkeys turn into humans . i no it takes millions of years but mankind has been here for a while so dont you think we would have seen somthin evolve by now???
We do see many things evolving in front of our eyes. I'll give you some examples: bacteria, drosophila melonogaster (fruit flies), etc... . Whenever you hear of an issue where some bacteria has become so resistant to medications we would normally have used, that my friend is an example of evolution.

Evolution is not a quick process and we have not as a human race been around for a very long time either.

Quote:
and like how are all our organs working????
That's called physiology. I'm not going to explain how our organs work because a) it will take far too long, b) it will require delving into various "levels", from tissue level to organ level to microbiological/cellular level, and c) it goes into immense complexity that I have not learned fully even at 2nd year university yet.

Quote:
really oka right single cell organsm ...
This in its simplest form is actually pretty simple to understand. I'll give an analogy for this to make it very simple, take some play-doh, make little balls. Each ball is a single-celled organism. Slap'em together and it's multi-cellular. There are microbiological processes that allow the two cells to stick together.

Quote:
SYKEEE also think of all the people who have died and brought back too life. what did they say. they said they saw LIGHT! and even this one guy wrote a book bout it click here too seee the book okay so that is my main reason why i believe in god XD
Wait..., so you believe that some person claimed to have died and claimed to have seen light in his death-like state and for that you believe in a certain religion?

So using your logic, you're telling me that if I write a nice fancy book where I say I've died, seen a bunch of trees because Lord Stinky of Smelly Trees and others say that happens, then you'll believe in Lord Stinky of Smelly Trees as a god. If you say otherwise, then you've contradicted your main reason for believing in god.

But I have to ask, how do you know the man wasn't lying? How do you know he wasn't a devoted believer who wanted to make some money?

"That is my ambition, to have killed more people, more helpless people, than any man or woman who has ever lived." - Jane Toppan

"There's a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, it's just a son of a bitch getting there" - Sully Erna of Godsmack
INFERNO is offline   Reply With Quote