View Single Post
Old July 2nd, 2009, 07:47 PM  
INFERNO
Awesome Poster

INFERNO's Forum Picture

Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death View Post
That is in fact a way of looking at it. That being the case, they are not psychopathic but they are discriminate however and thus stll (although not as much) evil.
Evil is a very subjective term and I have to ask, what is your definition of evil and of good?

Quote:
Very well, don't bother. All you are doing by giving no argument is dissuading me from arguing like that in the first place which I thought that you wanted me to do.
No argument? Well I'm no longer going to bother with re-stating it over and over because the end result usually is the same, you saying I haven't given it.

Quote:
I still don't htink that you took full notice of it. You said that my argument was void. I practically said the same thing (and yes, what you said was simply opinion since I do not agree with it) only in a different way.
Yes, we both did say the same thing but the issue was I gave more than one reason whereas you did not. I gave an argument, you did not. Fair enough, we both gave our opinions but you didn't give any reasoning to it.

Quote:
True, but you could have said a bit more than asking if it's a fact. You could have taken a bit more notice and argued for or against it or both since you seem to like doing that dor whatever reason you have. I'm not really that bothered about it now though, to be honest.
I wanted to know more specifically what you meant so I would know which way to argue and how. I'll admit, I may have not said it in a very polite way but nonetheless, all I did was essentially ask for you to elaborate on it. If I don't understand what someone is saying, then I'm not going to start arguing any sides right away.

Quote:
What you say about a 'false premise' is simply a belief. I am arguing against this so now, as far as you are concerned, you cannot just say it exists, full stop; you have to accept that.
It's a belief that has some implied evidence for, it's not simply a belief pulled out of thin air with no reasoning at all. You're right, I have to accept that although I don't have to acknowledge it is something I agree with and will abide by also.

Quote:
You are still trying to change my actions in some sort of way and this seems like a big thing to demand. I see no problem with the way I have been debating if you want my true opinion.
Well, go on then debating your way.

Quote:
If I do not want to believe in what they want me to, my choice - not yours or theirs.
I completely agree with this.

Quote:
In fact, the insulting of the other (and yet you object to me insulting specific beliefs even though in reality, I have no problem with them - I'm referring to outside VT) has seemed to have started from your side.
Explain how you think it has come from "my side".

"That is my ambition, to have killed more people, more helpless people, than any man or woman who has ever lived." - Jane Toppan

"There's a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, it's just a son of a bitch getting there" - Sully Erna of Godsmack
INFERNO is offline   Reply With Quote