View Single Post
Old July 1st, 2009, 12:45 PM  
Death
Awesome Poster

Death's Forum Picture

Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFERNO View Post
How have I managed to be narrow-minded? Read your second sentence, there is the problem with your narrow-mindedness.
Read your second sentecne. That is narrow-minded. I should not have to accept stuff that I do not believe, end of.

Quote:
Well that's too bad because you cannot perform a scientific experiment to see if a god/goddess exists.
So if someone believes that sun leaves filled with chlorophyll are pink, you can't argue against that? Nonsense; it's quite clearly green.

Quote:
I'm well aware of the ones in the Old Testament being rather negative.
Good, since that raises the question of whether or not Christians prcatice the content in the old testament. Christians are supposed to follow the morals from the bible and if they followed those ones, then they are bascially psychopathic terrorists. If they don't, they are not following all the ancient christian rules.

Quote:
Give me an example of one of these scientific facts.
I gave 2 already; the wasp one and the birth one. Alright, they don't truly disprove God, but they do question his power and/or existance.

Quote:
Yep, you're definately tolerating religion all right, you said you don't even want to listen to them. Even if you don't believe in them, the least you could do is acknowledge them or listen to them but you don't do that. Face it, you're not tolerant of them at all.
Don't tell me that I don't tolerate religion since I'm the only person who knows whether or not I do and I bloody well do! When I say that I do not listen to them, I mean that I don't want to have to believe the nonsense coming out of their mouth. What right do you or they have to demand that I accept their views and either believe them or say that I believe them? I should have the right to believe that what they say is incorrect and tell them so. So don't tell me that I am intolerant of religion, okay.

Quote:
Religious people who abide by the religious paradigms would make their "words of wisdom" that for them is truth and for their paradigm, the evidence satisfies it. You're doing the exact same thing except you are taking a different paradigm.
I have already made it clear why their paradigm sucks.

Quote:
I'm not saying you have to believe in it, however, just ignoring what they have to say on one particular subject (i.e. religion) then returning to them after they are off that topic is childish. It's essentially putting fingers in your ears and saying "la la la la, I'm not listening". Once they're off it, you then listen. So why should you pay attention? Out of respect, manners and perhaps you can learn something new. Society is greatly influenced by religion so why not give an ear for some of it?
INFERNO, I do pay attention but I don't believe in shit. Simple as that. We can argue this until the cows come home but you are not dissuading me from deciding against truly acknowledging what I believe to be false.

Quote:
I have shown you how to argue it, I have given an example of it already. But I'll give another one: Johnny believes in Christianity and you two want to debate it. You can use your morals, his morals, both of your ethics and interpretations of the bible. You both would also abide by the religious paradigm.
That is not a true example. All that is, is stating the way again. What I wanted you to do was to pretend that you were arguing for or against something and to construct one usng your lesser methods.

Quote:
Very nice tactic of ignoring it.
Nice hypocritism. Why am I saying this? Because you completely ignored my wasp and birth points in the same way.

Quote:
Then make it clearer next time.
INFERNO, not being funny or anything but you are seeming to get rude. Why should I have to make that clear? Since you believe that people should always listen (and I don't disagree), you should have listened to it but no, you disregarded it so I should do the same, really.

You say that we should all listen to each other and accept our views. Then why do you insult me for trying to dispel religion in a debate? Why must you start pathetic arguments with me simply because I try to explain why not everything has to be connected with God and that there's other ways of viewing things? What do you want from me? While reading your posts, I almost get the sense that you are trying to convert me to Christianity in unusual wasy and yet you say that you're athiest so you can't be doing that. What are you trying to do then? Change my method of debate to suit your style? I do not want to. Besides, you haven't argued using your style yet. As for what I'm doing, all I'm doing is defending myself. What are you trying to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
Perhaps the entire argument [the death penalty] can be summarised in just a sentence.

We kill people who kill people to show others that killing is wrong.
Death is offline   Reply With Quote