View Single Post
Old June 30th, 2009, 11:11 PM  
INFERNO
Awesome Poster

INFERNO's Forum Picture

Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death View Post
To say what you did is narrow-minded too and thus, hypocritical. I mean really, why should I listen to any random crap from someone if they simply grab it out of thin air without any real study or research? See the problem here?
How have I managed to be narrow-minded? Read your second sentence, there is the problem with your narrow-mindedness.

Quote:
Precisely, that sucide-commiter will get what's coming to him, namely death. That proves that having blind faith does not make it true at all and so I therefore want more than just faith before I believe something.
Well that's too bad because you cannot perform a scientific experiment to see if a god/goddess exists.

Quote:
Jesus could well have been but yes, this magic stuff is nonsence, IMO. Some of them morals can be good but there are downright discrimintive and dangerous ones (mostly in the old testament) in them which I'm sure you're aware of.
I'm well aware of the ones in the Old Testament being rather negative.

Quote:
Facts which have been acknowledged from research and experiments instead of just grabbing something out of the air are scientific enough to me.
Give me an example of one of these scientific facts.

Quote:
I don't hate myself since I tolerate religions, but I won't practice them.
Refer back to a quote by you:

Quote:
as far as I'm concerned, stuff religion. No proof or logical explainations? Then I'll not listen.
Yep, you're definately tolerating religion all right, you said you don't even want to listen to them. Even if you don't believe in them, the least you could do is acknowledge them or listen to them but you don't do that. Face it, you're not tolerant of them at all.

Quote:
Not so much longer but I actually made effort to get it. I looked for the truth that can be backed up and make sense. Religious people on the other hand will choose their answers with little thought put in.
Religious people who abide by the religious paradigms would make their "words of wisdom" that for them is truth and for their paradigm, the evidence satisfies it. You're doing the exact same thing except you are taking a different paradigm.

Quote:
INFERNO, I do not believe in their stuff so why sould I have to pay attention to it? You know full well that I should not have to believe it and thus it isn't really an issue on understanding. Do I hate people because of their religion? No. So I'm fine for that.
I'm not saying you have to believe in it, however, just ignoring what they have to say on one particular subject (i.e. religion) then returning to them after they are off that topic is childish. It's essentially putting fingers in your ears and saying "la la la la, I'm not listening". Once they're off it, you then listen. So why should you pay attention? Out of respect, manners and perhaps you can learn something new. Society is greatly influenced by religion so why not give an ear for some of it?

Quote:
INFERNO, you are too predictable. I knew that you were going to say that! Why? You tell me. Regardless, you are not showing me any example in the way in which to argue so it justs seems a bit much to demand that I argue in said way.
I have shown you how to argue it, I have given an example of it already. But I'll give another one: Johnny believes in Christianity and you two want to debate it. You can use your morals, his morals, both of your ethics and interpretations of the bible. You both would also abide by the religious paradigm.

Quote:
That's just an opinion.
Very nice tactic of ignoring it.

Quote:
I was basically getting you to think about the flaws in God's 'handywork'.
Then make it clearer next time.

Quote:
I never even insinuated that God did write the bible. I don't know why you are using this as 'evidence' since it does not seem connected to the topic of which we are discussing. There are still contradictions between what you claim and what some religious texts say.
It is very clear, humans wrote the bible, it is about humans, how much more clearer do you want it? I know you never insinuated God wrote the bible, I mentioned it anyways.

Quote:
INFERNO, the wasp does not have to be equal to God in order to not have silly little glitches. Besides, why must God fear creatures being as powerful as him or more so? If he can do anything, surely he can protect himself from anything that can harm him? Coming to think of it, he needn't give the creatures the ablity to even get to him in the first place. It's just interesting to look at all these little things. Besides, does it not seem more logical to say that it is an evolutionary or biological glitch in the system? If people wish to disregard this valid point, so be it. I have no prublem with them.
True, he could still overpower them, however, we're discussing Christianity at this present quote and so we are going to use what the Christian paradigm says. It is interesting indeed.

"That is my ambition, to have killed more people, more helpless people, than any man or woman who has ever lived." - Jane Toppan

"There's a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, it's just a son of a bitch getting there" - Sully Erna of Godsmack
INFERNO is offline   Reply With Quote