View Single Post
Old June 29th, 2009, 01:56 PM  
Sage
Banned

Name: Sage
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevor20800 View Post
Well, see here. I am a Christin and i believe in Creationism, so here is what i think of all of it
Now you're debating science in a religion thread. This should be tons of fun. Let's dance, trevor.

Quote:
Big Bang Theory and the theory of evolution is that, what caused it.
We don't know.

Quote:
What caused everything to explode in the big bang theory.
We don't know.

Quote:
There was not more matter, because according to the law of conservation of matter, matter can not be created or destroyed, so there would be nothing to cause the "big bang" to happen.
Yes, you are right, there was not more matter, but rather, all known matter in the universe was part of a singularity. I suggest you go research what a singularity is.

Quote:
So if it did happen, what caused it???
We don't know.

Quote:
and where was all of this matter that was the size of a speck located?
This speck was everything. You cannot define a location without relation to another object.

The Big Bang theory is the best theory we have to explain the expansion of the universe, not the origin of the universe. If you're into astronomy, you should be well familiar with the red shift phenomenon that lets us measure the distance between ourselves and other stars, nebulae, galaxies, etc. The face that everything is moving away is undeniable. You can see it happening for yourself if you measure the night sky with a telescope and some observation. Because we can see everything is moving away now, it is only logical for us to assume that, if we go backwards in time, everything will be moving towards everything else, and eventually it all must've been clumped together. That is the Big Bang theory in a nutshell.

Quote:
Evolution says we evolved from single celled organisms.
Evolution says we evolved from simpler organisms over time. But this would begin with the single cells, yes. Just a minor correction there.

Quote:
How is that possible they are single celled, and if that did happen, wouldn't it be cancer! (cancer is the over reproduction of cells).
Single cells multiply via asexual reproduction. You should've learned this in 9th grade Biology, if not earlier.

This would not be cancer because the cells don't grow at an uncontrolled, unreasonable rate. You don't see a fully formed human simply building itself out of single cells in a few weeks or months or years.

Quote:
So, if evolution did happend, what casued us to slowly change over time.
We don't know.

Quote:
How did a fish suddenly come out of the water and breath.
Logically, a fish would become an amphbian before it becomes a fully land-based species. Perhaps due to a change in sea levels, previously mid-deep sea dwelling organisms were forced to adapt to living in a shallow-water environment.

Quote:
And what fish did it mate and survive with it to give it legs and arms. That is not how breeding works.
Animals don't just suddenly decide to give birth to an amazingly more evolved offspring. That's not how evolution works. Small changes occur over time (such as the genetic differences you have that do not resemble either of your parents(microevolution)) and if you observe these small changes over a grand period of time, such as a few million years, you end up with an organism that looks completely unlike what used to be.

Evolution in the real world is not like evolution in Pokemon.

Quote:
all of this must be cause by something and weather it did happen or not, something must have caused it! done!
If you want to be anal about it, go ahead. But science has no method of proving or disproving the existence of God, and therefore no God is mentioned in science because it would take away from the falsifiability of theories.

Also, we get it. The Big Bang and Evolution are theories. A theory in scientific context is NOT like a theory in every day context. I am sick and tired of having to explain the difference to uneducated, ignorant people such as yourself, so I'm not even going to bother. Saying "It's just a theory" will get you laughed at.

Ha-ha-ha.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote