Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old June 28th, 2009, 08:22 AM  
Death
Awesome Poster
 
Death's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: May 2, 2009
Location: Britain
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deschain View Post
The only person who would wish to dispell a religion is someone with an intolerant agenda such as yourself.
This is a religion topic so you may want to revise that pathetic attitude of yours. If I want to try to dispel a religion on a relgious debate forum becuase I don't believe in it, that's my fucking choice. Oh, sorry, did I just offend you with my language? Big fucking deal. Also, it shouldn't matter how I dispel religion, so long as I use evidence or similar facts that suggest that God does not exist for whatever purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deschain View Post
Learn to read, please. Sebbie already posted a great list of good things from the Bible. Here's the link if you're not up to scrolling back up and searching for it yourself.
Okay, I admit that in that aspect, I was wrong and I apologise for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deschain View Post
You, my friend, are a troll. You use harsh language (not limited to swear words but all strongly phrased statements) to stir a negative reaction in people. If you cannot debate without using language that will provoke people, you're a poor debater, and it should be no surprise why people are react in such a hostile manner to your posts.
If you wish to call me something, be sure that you mean it. I am obviously not your friend due to your attutude towards me afterwards. In fact, you are being very hypocritical here. You are being just as rude as I was. Also, swearing is allowed. I advice you to check up on the rules since you are obviously oblivious to half of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFERNO View Post
So? The world can exist and continue to function without cars, computers, Euclid of Alexandria's book "Elements", etc... . Hell, according to some religions, the world can work perfectly fine without science. So what exactly are you trying to show, other than giving me a biased and incredibly weak argument that leads to a conclusion, where this conclusion can be obtained by numerous other arguments?
Do you seriously find it plausible that no scientific laws will allow a world to work? You probraly don't and nor do I. As for my argument, if you are so inclined to insult my methods of arguing, how about you stop complaining about it and argue religion yourself? Go on, after me, post something that argues against religion without using any facts. Basically, it is a ludricous idea so I don't see the issue here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFERNO View Post
I never said anything about dispelling it. I said you can analyze it but not show it is true nor false. You can analyze religion using a religious paradigm, which is what was implied and was rather obvious when I said analyze religion with religion. You're twisting it around to make it a way to conclude something whereas that is not what it is for. You can analyze, say, Christianity using the bible and a religious paradigm. I've not once said it can be used to conclude something.
What use is analysis? We should be debating whether or not something is true! You need to use certain facts for your argument and I've been critisized and insulted for doing this. Are you seriously saying that in order to argue against religion, I msut use religious quotes from the bible or whatnot? I find it deeply unlikely that religous enthusiasts will have left anything behind that would argue such a case. If this was not the method to which you were referring, please be more clear next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFERNO View Post
Right, so if someone believes in a religion, then I should tell them to disprove it? I've been saying over and over in this thread and in others, you use faith for proving your religious beliefs and use religious paradigms to analyze it.
I believe in every religion that I've ever heard. I just don't believe that they are true. Faith does not prove anything. that is why it's called faith. People jsut believe in, full stop. Since when has this been evidence? If people want to prove that religion exists, they should find reasons and try to back them up somehow; not just say that they do. Think about it, I could say that a fairy flies around the moon wihtout requiring any fod but you can't see her. Why ccan you say this is true simply because you believe in it? Okay so maybe we can't truly dissprove it, but we can use reasons to say why it might be improbable. Until we see this fairy or signs of it, it doesn't exist. Al I would want is something to show that she exists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFERNO View Post
Now you've jumped to a whole other story by tossing in something that according to you, is factual. If you are going to tell me that a certain god does not exist, then give a reason why that does involve showing that you have understood some of the belief. Using your logic to a human, if someone calls me and I don't answer it (assuming I am home), then I don't exist. That's essentially what you've said to me, which makes no sense because I'd flop back and forth from existing to non-existing. However, your reason is wrong for yet another reason: some people say god has answered their prayers, so that, using your reasoning, would serve as evidence that he does exist.
INFERNO, you are not supposed to mix facts with religion, according to you. Besides, if you sometimes answer your phone, you must exist for that to be possible. It is impossible to flip between existance and non-existance; even you know that. However, the fact that God never answers his prayers and doesn't show that he exists in any other way seems like a reason to suggest that he is non-existant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFERNO View Post
Since you somehow say that religious people disprove or prove their god's existence in the most ineffective of ways, then perhaps you can enlighten me, how do you propose to prove/disprove a god's existence in a more effective way. There is a condition to this and it is relatively simple: don't butcher up the basics of religion and/or science and/or whatever other method.
How do you suppose that you can argue religon in a more effective way? In fact, don't tell me, just give me an example. I've said this before, but please, after me, I want you to either prove or disprove God's existance witout using the facts that you think should not be used. I'm actually looking forward to seeing this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFERNO View Post
Oh and a little side-note: I'm not a believer in god.
You sure don't show it. I don't remember you ever using any information here at all to show that God doesn't exist let alone say that you don't believe in him. If i am wrong however, please prove me otherwise with quotes from yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
Perhaps the entire argument [the death penalty] can be summarised in just a sentence.

We kill people who kill people to show others that killing is wrong.
Death is offline   Reply With Quote