Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old June 26th, 2009, 08:15 PM  
Sage
Banned
 
Name: Sage
Join Date: April 21, 2007
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 10
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death View Post
Athiests' arguments can have morals attatched to it. Why do oyu think otherwise?
I never said atheists cannot use moral arguments against religion. To quote myself,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deschain
Atheists will criticize religion because it teaches nothing scientific, but you fail to notice that religion will criticize science because it has no morals attached to it.
When I say "Religion will criticize science because it has no morals attached to it", I'm going after the people who say such ludicrous things like "If Evolution is true, we should all go act like monkeys!" and other such drivel. Atheism and Science are not interchangable. Many Atheists have an interest in science, yes, but Science does not directly promote Atheism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death View Post
Also, you are being quite hypocritical in the way that you think that I cannot view something from someone elses' persepctive.
Where is the hypocrisy? Religion should be criticized with religion (or philosophy if you are non-religious) and science should be debated with science. It's dog food and wallpaper- Religion and science are not meant to be used together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death View Post
Religion is a thereory where no-one tries to back it up so it is therefore, to me, not very believable. People with faith have no real evidence to use in argument except that they believe in it so they hate being critised. To say otherwise is ignorance.
B-I-N-G-O. That's the religious paradigm. It's completely different from the scientific paradigm. Trying to compare one with the other will get you nowhere. This is why you fall flat on your face every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death View Post
How are you supposed to dispel religion with religion?
The only person who would wish to dispell a religion is someone with an intolerant agenda such as yourself. If there is a religious ideaology you strongly disagree with, then you get into a debate over philosophy, not science. If a scientist used religion to back up their theory, they will be laughed at. In a similar matter, you using science to back up a religious stance will get a real kick out of the religious side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death View Post
What I need to throw in are facts like: God doesn't exists because he doesn't kill non-believers and other 'sinners' as the bible commands in the old testament or nothing happens when you pray.
I'm no Christian or expert on the Bible, but it's a matter of interpretation. There may well be a number of passages that contradict things in the Old and New Testaments. I'll let someone with more knowledge on the subject argue that with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death View Post
I agree. It is obvious that he cannot find 10 things and all he is doing is making excuses. Also sad.
Learn to read, please. Sebbie already posted a great list of good things from the Bible. Here's the link if you're not up to scrolling back up and searching for it yourself.

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/good/long.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death View Post
Now that is just plain, fucking stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death View Post
You obviously cannot find any so you are wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death View Post
Quit pissing people off and accept that you are not able to find them.
You, my friend, are a troll. You use harsh language (not limited to swear words but all strongly phrased statements) to stir a negative reaction in people. If you cannot debate without using language that will provoke people, you're a poor debater, and it should be no surprise why people are react in such a hostile manner to your posts.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote