View Single Post
Old June 20th, 2009, 02:43 AM  
Death
Awesome Poster

Death's Forum Picture

Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-never-cycle View Post

If there is no God, then you are saying that we have absolutely no purpose in life, nothing to look forward to, and nothing to hold us back from killing whoever we want, raping whoever we want etc. it would only be survival of the fittest, if that is all we are made for.
You know, I've quoted you before but this bit, I really have to say that I couldn't stop laughing at your sheer arrogance when I read this. What stops athiests from criminal behaviour are good morals - a word that I don't think that you are quite familiar with. Try looking it up sometime in the dictionary or on wikipedia since by what you've said, you obviously haven't the first clue of the meaning of the word. Until you feel ready to argue without using pointless insults and not a shread of real evdence, don't bother.

Another thing that I wish to point out is that science doesn't try to pretend it knows everything. It admits that there are things that are yet to be explained or explored. Religion on the other hand has to know it all even though they have no evidence to support them. Now that's just saying something about religion! Which sounds wiser and more convincing? It doesn't take a genius to work out that evidence with proof (science) has more of a point than blind faith wthout evidence (religion - and a random book won't do as evidence I'm afraid).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
Perhaps the entire argument [the death penalty] can be summarised in just a sentence.

We kill people who kill people to show others that killing is wrong.
Death is offline   Reply With Quote