View Single Post
Old December 26th, 2005, 02:35 PM  
Junior Member+
There_Goes_My_Life's Forum Picture
Default *Finding Out* Conclusion

"Mom please calm down... mom... mom... MOM!" Kaytelyn shouted at her mother who was a weeping mess right now. When she found out about her only child being pregnant Mrs. Caldwell fell to violent shivers and uncontrollable sobbing, but when she heard her daughters fierce shouts she snapped out of it. "Here Mike, help me get her up." she stepped forward and made to lift her mother from the floor when an arm blocked her.

"No... you're pregnant... no more heavy lifting, no offense Mrs. Caldwell!!" but Mrs. Caldwell paid no notice to him 'suggesting' her heaviness, no... when she heard 'pregnant' she subsided once more into her monotonous sobs.

"What? Mike... I can help my mother up... just because I'm p-" she took a sideways glance at her mother, "just because... you know... it doesn't mean I'm helpless! I can help my mother to the sofa!"

"Katie just sit down ok? Let me do it."

"No Mike, I can help."

"Katie pl--"

"SIT DOWN KAYTELYN!" Kaytelyn turned frantically to the voice to find that it was her father. She immediately obeyed and planted her butt on the leather sofa. "SIT DOWN MICHAEL!" he tried sitting next to Kaytelyn but Mr. Caldwell shot him such a glare that he thought twice and decided on sitting as far away from Kaytelyn... that would satisfy her father.

"G-Grahm... please calm d-down." Mrs. Caldwell pleaded through her tears.

"Sir with all do respect her life isn't nesessarily ruined." Bravery. That's one of the things Kaytelyn admired most about Mike, but in this case was it 'bravery' or 'stupididty'?

"I-I will take care of her sir, she can still go to college if she wants, I'll stay home with the baby. A-and I've been doing a lot of thinking since Katie called last night and I think that we should get married." Mr. Caldwell seemed to take this into heavy consideration.

"Fine then. You two will marry. When it's Kaytelyn's time to go to college you'll take care of the baby, of course Helen and I could watch her/him so that you can get an education as well. I won't have my grandson's father being a janitor (no offense to any of those people who are).

"Hang on just a minute!!! Could you all shut up so I could plan my OWN life!!??" Mr. Caldwell looked at his daughter incrediously, had she just told him to shut up? "This is my damn life! I have a say it how it's lived!!!" Mike's face fell.

"Y-you don't want to marry me?" Kaytelyn suddenly realized what she said.

"Oh my gosh no!! That's not how I meant it! It was just you two were sitting there planning my life... I didn't like it much. I would... I would love to marry you, but I don't want you marrying me because it's the 'right thing to do'." Mike gave her a look you'd give someone if they said donkey's flew.

"That's not why I want to marry you!" he pulled her into a tight hug and whicspered in her ear, "I love you so much and I can't even IMAGINE loving anyone else." she smiled into his neck... this was somewhat the happiest moment of her life.

"So you're getting married?" Mr. Caldwell asked hoping now that the answer was 'no'. But when the couple looked at him he knew there was no way in hell that those giant smiles meant~ No~.
That was a corny ending... but hey lemme know what you think of it!

*Every long lost road
led me to where you are
others who broke my heart
they were like northern stars
pointing me on my way
into your loving arms
this much i know is true
that God blessed the broken road
that led me straight to you.*
~*Rascal Flatts*~
(^^^^me and my b/f's song^^^^)
There_Goes_My_Life is offline   Reply With Quote