Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old May 31st, 2009, 09:08 AM  
Awesome Poster
Death's Forum Picture
Default Re: Religion

Originally Posted by bluehawk345 View Post
a Christian had he been born in a Hindu home would be Hindu it all just depends on your up bringing.r
That is in fact a very good point. This questions whether or not you can truly say that one specific (or any) religion exists.

Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
I'm not a devout christian and I don't follow everything in the bible but i will defend the things in it that I do believe in like the good moral codes in it. There are some bullshit scriptures in there but there aren't that many of them. The bible as a whole is a good book to read even if you don't follow it or believe the shit in it.
I have to say it, you hold a good point there. I suppose you're right in that you can read the good stuff and ignore any bad bits (including the religious side of it) there may be and it would be quite good for a moral book.

Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
And how are you going to judge an entire book based on the miracles in it? Pick up the bible and read it there is more to it than just that.
I was just using that as an example but I agree; there is a lot more to it. I was merely saying that it isn't all true.

Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
Perhaps the entire argument [the death penalty] can be summarised in just a sentence.

We kill people who kill people to show others that killing is wrong.
Death is offline   Reply With Quote