Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old May 14th, 2009, 09:08 PM  
Name: Sage
Default Re: Religion

Originally Posted by CookieMonster View Post
I'm going to jump in and answer this question with my own experiences. You don't have to see something to hear it. People talk to you over a phone, but you can't see them. When your inside and you hear the wind blow, but you can't see that. You know both of those things are there though, right?

God talks to us through our thoughts and actions of things around us, and many people he speaks to them directly. I've had several times where I am caught up on a very important decision and I don't know what to do. I'm leaning one way, but am not sure about it. I talk to God about it, most people call it praying, and I ask him what I should do. I don't hear words come from him, it's not like someone standing in front of you talking; I feel what he is saying. I'll feel what his answer is, I could have been leaning one way in the decision when suddenly I KNOW I need to choose the other option and doing anything else is just unthinkable.

It's different for everyone, and all depends on how close you are to God. People I know have said God speaks to them in words, and when you hear God speak you know it's him. He's not mistakable for your own thoughts.

And, prayer is not to beg for things from God, as many people seem to think. It's about talking to him and carrying on a conversation. Telling him about your day, how you feel about things and problems you have. He already knows it all, but by talking to him, relying on him he will help you through it. He won't necessarily make it go away, but he will help you see it through to the other side. He'll never give you more than you can handle without his help.
That's little more than applying a name to your conscience.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote