View Single Post
Old May 14th, 2009, 07:52 AM  
INFERNO
Awesome Poster

INFERNO's Forum Picture

Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorrowsingssoftly View Post
Because I pray to Him, my prayers are answered, and He assures me that He is the one true God through his works in my life and the lives of those around me.
How has your god communicated with you? If he assures you, then somehow you two must talk in some way, yet as far as the bible is concerned, nobody has met god:

No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him (John 1:18)

Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see; to whom be honour and power everlasting (1 Timothy 6:16)

I shall assume that if you cannot see him, then it only fits to reason that you cannot hear him.

Quote:
It's amazing what God has done in my family, and thus, how can I believe He isn't the one true God?
This isn't evidence for your god, hell, it isn't even evidence for a god in general.

Quote:
Also, you should remember that the Bible was written centuries ago. There is still much information in it that could have been recorded, but it isn't. It isn't perfect, but nothing is.
Nothing is perfect? Excellent, you've admitted that your god is not perfect. This then calls into question whether your god is all-powerful, all-knowing and omnipresent.

"That is my ambition, to have killed more people, more helpless people, than any man or woman who has ever lived." - Jane Toppan

"There's a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, it's just a son of a bitch getting there" - Sully Erna of Godsmack
INFERNO is offline   Reply With Quote