Thread: my councillor
View Single Post
Old November 28th, 2005, 08:34 PM  

I think you should tell the guy about what's up with you. Maybe he understands more than you think. Perhaps it seemed he's not a good counsellor because he didn't have all the facts. To help you solve the problem, he has to know the problem.

Ever heard the expression, "I can't help you until you help me help you"?

That sounds wrong, but I think you know what I'm tryin' to say.

Maybe you're right. Maybe he doesn't understand the pressures and stresses of being an adolescent in 2005, but in my opinion you didn't really give the guy a fair chance.

Anyways, as far as your drug use and drinking, I'm assuming you're doing those things to get away, right? Seems like it, considering you're going to a counsellor and those activities are coupled with self-mutilation. If you're just doing it for fun, then I'd think you can "just stop." But when it's a real problem or an actual addiction, it's rare that a body can go cold turkey without some major help.

I suggest getting your stuff sorted out. Figure out what you care about and how you're going to preserve those things (do you care about your health?). Figure out who's looking out for you and look to them for help. Stick with them. And I mean who really cares about you. Not just who appears to care about you. It takes some serious analysis to figure that out, but it's worth it to figure out who your true friends are. Figure out what's good for you and what's bad for you (I'm not talking about drugs are bad, exercise is good; I'm talking about all of your life habits) and make the decisions you know you have to make. That's my advice.

There comes a time in all of our lives that we must not only make the decision between what is easy and what is right, but more importantly, we must do what is right. Men can experience multiple orgasms.

god im gay
JackAT is offline   Reply With Quote