Thread: OCD Or Not?
View Single Post
Old November 28th, 2005, 06:26 PM  
JackAT

I don't claim to be an expert on any of this stuff, but I've studied it quite a bit and I think I can offer some useful information.

In general, OCD is extremely rare. What Freud called 'anal retentive' is much more common (though it's not really proven at all that it is a result of what he said it's a result of).

What you're doing could indicate that you do have true OCD and it could develop into other things. I think you should do your best to stop it now while you easily can (in comparison to later). And the more you think of yourself as OC, the more likely you will become OC. I think that's what koler's getting at by telling you to stop labelling yourself.

Though, he apparently does not think it's important to stop the things you're doing now. Like I said, I'm not an expert and I do not have any personal experience, but I do know that OCD can still develop even if you're not "labelling" yourself. I also know that OCD can become very detrimental to a person's life. I've heard some very disturbing stories about people with OCD and you may have heard worse. Off the top of my head, I can think of a guy who would get up every morning and leave for work. Before he could leave, though, he would walk around every tree in his yard three times.

My in-expert advice: Don't label yourself. Don't think of yourself as OCD. Don't think of these oddities as products of OCD or the development of OCD. Think of them as little habits that you want to get rid of and do so. How do you do that? That's hard to say. If you can, see a behaviorist psychologist. If not, the internet is your friend.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_...ltiple_orgasms Men can experience multiple orgasms.

god im gay
JackAT is offline   Reply With Quote