Old February 13th, 2009, 05:06 PM  
Perseus
Legendary Member

Perseus's Forum Picture

Name: Jake
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyslexiaa View Post
Some Christians argue that the lake of fire was simply a metaphor to the absence of God in the afterlife. In this case, it's nothing different from what most athiests expect anyways. I, personally, don't know that I believe in a Hell.

It could be said that Hell (as well as many of the the biblical punishments) was an invention of the Church to take advantage of fears to spread Christianity. I think it's a sad era when faith is spread through fear and not through love. I don't think it was the way the message of God was meant to be interpreted.

With all that aside, in my opinion, Hell is a lot better than non-existence.

I grouped these two together.

As long as you live your life as morally righteous as possible, I think there's at least a chance that you will have eternal life. Nobody is perfect and God is loving and merciful. It might not matter what you are during your human life because when you reach the afterlife, you'll be theistic (if that makes any sense).

He did send Jesus (and various other prophets) down to spread the message. God gave us life and the Earth to enjoy. The best way to worship is to live your life with love for others and live it to the fullest.
Actually if you dont believe in God, no matter how good you are, you will go to Hell.
Perseus is offline   Reply With Quote