View Single Post
Old February 12th, 2009, 12:58 PM  
MisterAndrews
Nice Poster

Name: Adam
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTrooper00 View Post
Well........ if he wants to save religious people why wouldnt he do it now? I cant believe I just said that...

Please use the edit button instead of double posting. Posts merged. thePianoMan
I dont know why he doesn't do it now..... only he does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePianoMan View Post
Did you watch the video or do I have to lay it out for you?

According to the Bible, God is omnipotent and omniscient (all powerful and all knowing). So, either God didn't give us free will like the Bible says or he isn't omnipotent and omniscient. If he were omniscient, we wouldn't be able to have free will because there would have to be a "grand scheme" to things. If he is omniscient, he knows what is going to happen to all of us and our lives are predetermined, thus removing free will from our lives.

The video also says that if God is omniscient, he can't be omnipotent. Him being omniscient would mean he knows everything that will happen in the future, meaning he can't change it making him omnipotence false.
This argument has been going on for years and there are a number of ideas. One is that God is omnicient in the sense that he knows our personalities and so knows what we are likely to do. The second is that he just isnt omnicient. The third is that he has created a plan, and though our 'freewill' makes us stray from the path we will always go back to it.
And he can be both omnipotent and omnicient. Because he created everything with a plan he knows what will happen already.... he is all powerful becuase he created us and all knowing because he has a plan for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCanadianGuy View Post
QFT

Sorry, but your post (the one Jared responded to) is so fractally wrong that I don't know where to begin with it. As for Soddom and Gamorrah, that's a very GOOD example of god being an evil asshole. Basically he got into a bet with a prophet that there were NO good people in both of those cities, and he was BEGGED by the prophet not to DESTROY both cities if he could find good people living there.

Well, as it turned out, there was only ONE supposedly "good man" in Soddom, named Lot. Anyways, the two angels sent to see him were nearly ganged-up on by a group of men that wanted to RAPE the angels. When this SUPPOSEDLY good man named Lot said: "don't rape these men, here take my two virgin daughters instead". READ THE BIBLE. This kind of disgusting shit is to be found throughout.

You should know the end of that story; god blows the shit outta both cities and kills everyone. Nice guy.

One more instance I would like to point out is when Elijah is being teased by a couple of CHILDREN for being bald. Since they made fun of him, the BIBLE says that he cursed the children and GOD HIMSELF sent two GRIZZLY BEARS to KILL and EAT not only the children making fun of Elijah, but 40 OTHER KIDS AS WELL. HOLY SHIT!!!

Sorry... but that's not gonna cut it for a loving creator if he'd send bears to kill little kids.

For just one last piece, here is a video of mine:

Ok well firstly i agree that you shouldnt try to put him on our level. Secondly please can i have the bible references for the 2 stories you told? thanks id really appriciate it

Adam

Send me a PM or add me on MSN... I've probably been through the same problems myself!!
MisterAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote