Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old February 11th, 2009, 03:04 PM  
dyslexiaa

dyslexiaa's Forum Picture

Default Re: Religion

Quote:
1) I was a devout Christian for roughly 14 years; I've "experienced" just about everything you could imagine in terms of what you'd call "beyond yourself" which was a tad condescending I might add

I just looked back on the experiences critically and understood what was actually happening with things like speaking in tongues etc.

2)There are NO scientific perspectives coming out of Christianity, it is a philosophical/religious belief system. But I know all about apologetics, don't worry, and I've even seen some of those websites before.
I was more referring to how Christian beliefs can correspond and not fight with science. It all comes down to the question, 'why?' Science can't answer why. I assume you think there is no why and that there just is.

I believe that the question of 'why' has to be answered and I explore the answers through my spirituality.

Quote:
3)Christianity HAS proven to be one of the MOST destructive forces in human history for the last several thousand years. If you were a bible literalist you could even call "god" the biggest killer, seeing as he supposedly flooded the whole WORLD remember? lol!

More people have suffered and died in the name of religion than any other man-made cause... which is what religion is (MAN made).
Perversion of Christian beliefs is one of the most destructive forces. The arrogance in one's beliefs is one of the most destructive forces in human history. Not loving your enemy is one of the most destructive forces in human history.

With every war, you can probably tie in human greed and the need for power to be the main source of it. My interpretation of Christianity is against both. Even if you remove religion completely, greed and the need for power are still there.
dyslexiaa is offline   Reply With Quote