Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old February 11th, 2009, 05:13 AM  
Awesome Poster
BuryYourFlame's Forum Picture
Default Re: Religion

Originally Posted by ThatCanadianGuy View Post
1) I was a devout Christian for roughly 14 years; I've "experienced" just about everything you could imagine in terms of what you'd call "beyond yourself" which was a tad condescending I might add

I just looked back on the experiences critically and understood what was actually happening with things like speaking in tongues etc.

2)There are NO scientific perspectives coming out of Christianity, it is a philosophical/religious belief system. But I know all about apologetics, don't worry, and I've even seen some of those websites before.

3)Christianity HAS proven to be one of the MOST destructive forces in human history for the last several thousand years. If you were a bible literalist you could even call "god" the biggest killer, seeing as he supposedly flooded the whole WORLD remember? lol!

More people have suffered and died in the name of religion than any other man-made cause... which is what religion is (MAN made).

I only have ONE website suggestion for you that I think you'd find extremely enlightening; it gives a complete list of apologetic arguements for Christianity/Creationism and fully refutes them all.

go there if you dare, it may cause extreme cases of doubt in dogmatic belief
ok here i go:

1) if you have now turned back on your beliefs then you have NOT experienced all of what Christianity is about.

2) Christianity isn't meant to tell us exactly what happened, only God would know that, we are only humans, He is God, we would not be able to comprehend His methods of creation. Another thing, the "Big Bang" also has a major flaw: where did that first point come from, you know...the one that "exploded on accident"

3) Yes, many people have died because of their beliefs and many have also killed others because of their beliefs, true Christianity is not about violence, it is about peace and love, but like with any situation, there are those who take it too far. As for Noah and the flood, yes God did kill the entire population of the Earth exept for 8 people, but there was good reason. If you are making a wooden carving, but something goes wrong in the process, you take away what must be taken away, and leave what you can. Genisis 6:5a, "The Lord saw how great man's wickedness on the Earth had become."

I did go to that site that you recommended...and i did not find anything that shook my faith, barely nudged it.

PM me if you want to debate further,

6 years on and I'm still here for some reason.
~Laura was here~
BuryYourFlame is offline   Reply With Quote