Originally Posted by iamvampire
1) ''My God'' can take many forms in the sense that no one really knows what he looks like. We only have drawings to illustrate God but we don't really know what makes him up. Theists say that 'God can do anything that it is logical for God to do.' It would be possible for him to take many forms so as to appeal to different cultures on the planet.
2) You miss my point with the big bang. If we don't know much about the Big Bang then whats to say that God didn't start it? Something must have put the conditions in place to create the big bang. How can you discount God if you know nothing of it?
3) A miracle: http://olrl.org/stories/lourdes.shtml
Above is the story of Gabriel Gargam. Have a read.
4) I count the above as some proof for the existance of God. Can you give me some proof that he does not exsist?
1) I'm not going to repeat myself for a THIRD TIME.
2) "Something must have put the conditions in place to create the big bang". HOW? You can't see how it could happen naturally, so you say "god did it" just because that's an easy answer. The big bang wasn't the "creation" of the universe anyway, it was just the universe expanding from a singularity very rapidly, and cooling off in the process. How can YOU say god did it when you have no idea how the big bang works, and what steps are being taken to ACTUALLY figure it out?
3) Your story is over 150 years old, and nowhere do I see any proof of a miracle. The story is very inspiring, but doesn't go towards proving the existence of god; much like cancer "miraculously going away" this is one of those conditions that can on VERY RARE occaisions heal itself. Until you definitively prove that GOD had anything to do with it, all you have is hearsay. The place where this man supposedly healed has thousands of visitors each year nowadays to get healed by God. Why aren't there ANY miracle healings anymore? Doesn't god care about all these NEW people with similar injuries?
4) I'm not the one making the positive claim here. I don't HAVE TO prove that he doesn't exist. The burden of proof is on YOU, since you are the one that is claiming that he DOES exist. You haven't proven that god exists yet, and no one before you has either.