Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old February 7th, 2009, 04:29 PM  
Awesome Poster
ThatCanadianGuy's Forum Picture
Name: James
Default Re: Religion

[QUOTE=iamvampire;441805]Just to clarify, I didnt say that i believed in many gods... i said there is ONE god that takes many forms so.... better luck next time?

I shouldn't have to repeat myself. I JUST SAID why that is wrong. Your god cannot "take many forms" in the sense that he can't "look like other gods". He SAYS in your Bible that you shall not worship any other gods. Period.

I don't have to debate by just saying "there's no proof". There IS NO PROOF. I can go beyond that, and say why the claims that religions make are false, but no proof has been presented. NONE. Give me an example of a "miracle" that all the scientists in the world say that they can't explain.

The earth formed roughly 4.54 BILLION years ago due to natural processes. The big bang happened 13.7 billion years ago, and we're honest when we say that we don't know a whole lot about it. HOWEVER, experiments such as the LHC in Switzerland are bringing us closer to getting the answers. Just sitting around saying "god did it" doesn't make us learn ANYTHING.

You should actually study what the big bang theory IS before you insert your god into it.
ThatCanadianGuy is offline   Reply With Quote