View Single Post
Old November 4th, 2005, 12:42 AM  
Whisper
Ancient Gmod

Whisper's Forum Picture

Name: Kodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante
Cody, I am honestly shocked u would say that about mexico, i expect it from others but not you....why do u feel that way? or were u just joking?
You know me dante i'm transfixed by two things
shinny objects
&
Ancient civalizations

Mexico has a BEAUTIFUL history and culture but if they join america they will severely hurt you're economy in there current state.
I'm not saying they could never join
I'm saying there not ready
They have a HORRIBLE economy
The majority are dirt poor
Wellfair would drain america dry
The health care requirments
You mine as well merge with africa (again another great country, the birth place of the human race, it also has SEVERE problems)

If canada and america merged it could make an extremly strong country from there you/we begin helping other countrys like mexico, africa, cuba w/e not saying they'd have to join but you/we could help them become more stable and prosperous

Mexico

Population: 106,202,903

Canada

Population: 32,805,041

Mexico Area:

total: 1,972,550 sq km
land: 1,923,040 sq km
water: 49,510 sq km

Canada Area:

total: 9,984,670 sq km
land: 9,093,507 sq km
water: 891,163 sq km

Mexico Economy Overview

Mexico has a free market economy that recently entered the trillion dollar class. It contains a mixture of modern and outmoded industry and agriculture, increasingly dominated by the private sector. Recent administrations have expanded competition in seaports, railroads, telecommunications, electricity generation, natural gas distribution, and airports. Per capita income is one-fourth that of the US; income distribution remains highly unequal. Trade with the US and Canada has tripled since the implementation of NAFTA in 1994. Mexico has 12 free trade agreements with over 40 countries including, Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, the European Free Trade Area, and Japan, putting more than 90% of trade under free trade agreements. The government is cognizant of the need to upgrade infrastructure, modernize the tax system and labor laws, and provide incentives to invest in the energy sector, but progress is slow.

Canada Economy Overview

As an affluent, high-tech industrial society, newly entered in the trillion dollar class, Canada closely resembles the US in its market-oriented economic system, pattern of production, and affluent living standards. Since World War II, the impressive growth of the manufacturing, mining, and service sectors has transformed the nation from a largely rural economy into one primarily industrial and urban. The 1989 US-Canada Free Trade Agreement (FTA) and the 1994 North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) (which includes Mexico) touched off a dramatic increase in trade and economic integration with the US. Given its great natural resources, skilled labor force, and modern capital plant Canada enjoys solid economic prospects. Solid fiscal management has produced a long-term budget surplus which is substantially reducing the national debt, although public debate continues over how to manage the rising cost of the publicly funded healthcare system. Exports account for roughly a third of GDP. Canada enjoys a substantial trade surplus with its principal trading partner, the United States, which absorbs more than 85% of Canadian exports.

Mexico

GDP (purchasing power parity): $1.006 trillion (2004 est.)
GDP - real growth rate: 4.1% (2004 est.)
GDP - per capita: purchasing power parity - $9,600 (2004 est.)

Canada:

GDP (purchasing power parity): $1.023 trillion (2004 est.)
GDP - real growth rate: 2.4% (2004 est.)
GDP - per capita: purchasing power parity - $31,500 (2004 est.)

Mexico

Labor force: 34.73 million (2004 est.)

Canada

Labor force: 17.37 million (2004)

Mexico

Population below poverty line: 40% (2003 est.)

Canada

Population below poverty line: 15.9% (2003)

Mexico

Natural resources: petroleum, silver, copper, gold, lead, zinc, natural gas, timber

Canada

Natural resources: iron ore, nickel, zinc, copper, gold, lead, molybdenum, potash, diamonds, silver, fish, timber, wildlife, coal, petroleum, natural gas, hydropower

Mexico

Oil - proved reserves: 18 billion bbl (2004 est.)

Canada

Oil - proved reserves: 178.9 billion bbl including shale oil (2004 est.)

Mexico

Natural gas - proved reserves: 420 billion cu m (2004)

Canada

Natural gas - proved reserves: 1.691 trillion cu m (2004)

Mexico Exports - partners:

US 87.6%, Canada 1.8%, Spain 1.1% (2004)

Canada Export - partners:

US 85.2%, Japan 2.1%, UK 1.6% (2004)

Mexico Imports - partners:

US 53.7%, China 7%, Japan 5.1% (2004)

Canada Imports - partners:

US 58.9%, China 6.8%, Mexico 3.8% (2004)

Long story short America can benefit from merging with Canada then it can merging with Mexico
The state that mexico is currently in would hurt America severely

Hun my only prob with the missile defence was it took away allot of Canada's political negotiating power with America.
Now if our countries merged that prob would no longer exist would it?

♫♪Κodie♪♫
Whisper is offline   Reply With Quote