View Single Post
Old October 29th, 2005, 12:12 PM  
nwshc
Banned

nwshc's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by koler
Hemp is among one of the most productive and useful plants known; also very safe. The following materials can be made from hemp: paper, textiles, building materials, food, medicine, paint, detergent, varnish, oil, ink, and fuel. Unlike many crops, hemp can be grown in most locations and climates with only moderate water and fertilizer requirements. Where hemp is grown, it has become a valuable and environmentally friendly crop

Hemp is the world’s best paper making material from a quality, environmental and sustainability standpoint. One acre of hemp provides the same amount of pulping material grown in four acres of trees. Hemp paper resists decomposition and does not yellow like tree-derived paper. Hemp’s long outer fibers create superior quality paper for books and magazines. Hemp’s short core fibers make superior newspaper, tissue paper and packaging materials. Hemp paper processing mills do not require chlorine or other harsh chemicals that can end up in rivers, streams or the local water supply. Best of all, hemp fiber is the strongest natural fiber in the world, which means it can be recycled several times more than paper made from wood or other alternative fibers, and it takes only 4 months to harvest!

So why not use it? Why do we clear countless forest's to create minimal paper, when hemp is a more efficient alternative? What do you all think about using hemp instead of trees? I for one am for it, because there are few if any cons to the subject.
(the above was quoted from Hemp.co.uk and my own words)
Then we should use it. Im not against that.

Quote:
I quoted myself on that one. And then of course I shall quote my self once more below:

ok, lets think about this. If a guy is violent, angry, yelling, fighting cursing, is he high, or drunk.....DRUNK.
And you do not know that. People are unpredictable when in different states of mind than normal.

Quote:
Now, lets count it up. How many pot related death's have their been in the last....idk....100 years....anyone....mabye 2....3. I'll give it a 10 just to be nice.

Now how many alcohol related deaths have their been in the last....idk....10 years.....5000, 10000, No over 22000 people die a year from alcohol abuse.

Now, how many ciggerette related deaths have their been in the last idk, 1 years....200000 300000, NO, over 440000 die a year from ciggeratte related use.

Now wait a miniute, look at those numbers. And you say pot is horrible. no no no somthings not right!?! explain to me why pot is so bad now?
Alcohol and ciggs are excepted in society. Remember during prohibition? Could not keep the alcohol out of anywere. It was excepted in society. If we try to bann it again (which wouldnt be too bad of an idea) the same thing would happen. But what would happen if we legalize mary? It would be just like alcohol and ciggs, and one more thing to add to where people could use it while driving, etc. If its off the streets not, lets keep it off the streets
nwshc is offline   Reply With Quote