Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old December 4th, 2008, 11:47 PM  
Awesome Poster
ThatCanadianGuy's Forum Picture
Name: James
Default Re: Religion

Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
well im not very anglican, i went to church once or twice, got baptised. golly.

i still label myself as anglican. im not sure why, though im not very christian at all, i still take pride in being anglican. i just find being anglican is better then being athiest; hoping that theres a better place (which there probably isn't, but be optimistic) after death then just being dead for 10 trillion years.
Actually you'll be "just dead" for much longer than 10 trillion years. Try an eternity. Hey; its better than hell, and its DEFINITELY better than having to be in heaven with all the fundamentalists!

Think about it; people are so lazy, they can't wait for the 20 MINUTES of worship each sunday to end. Try having to praise god NON-STOP FOREVER. I'd rather be in hell

But if you use this "anglican" label as just a scapegoat... you know, like a last-ditch effort to save your own ass from hell... wouldn't god (if he actually existed) send you to hell anyway? Since you barely even believe it, and are just using it as a hell-insurance policy, you know?

Hey, when people talk about the "afterlife" I say that I'm "all for it". I mean who wouldn't want to live or have something more after this life. I sure WISH it was like that, but I KNOW that it really isn't. Unlike you (not meaning to single you out) and many other theists, I am MORE concerned with what is actually TRUE, over what is just emotionally comforting with no basis in reality (heaven).
ThatCanadianGuy is offline   Reply With Quote