Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old December 1st, 2008, 11:55 AM  
theOperaGhost
Banned

Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCanadianGuy View Post
With all you've said, I'm really baffled that you still label yourself a Christian, I mean, no offence but "most" Christians (upon reading what you've said) would say you "aren't a REAL Christian" since you don't really do ANYTHING that this religion requires of you. And that is FINE to me, I just don't get why you'd still keep this label for yourself.

I care ESPECIALLY what people believe when it affects ME, which it does in a serious way. When 80% of the population of the most POWERFUL nation in the WORLD believe in nonsense... and USE their religion to make DECISIONS that affect EVERYONE... then I can't just shut up and let them "have their faith". Their "faith" is in control of the greatest military force in the world. That really scares me.
I think what it comes down to for me, is denomination. I'm Lutheran, and I think the Lutheran teaching is basically all sins are forgiven, no matter what. I think most Lutherans have a much weaker faith (I'm not sure if that's the word I want to use), then say people of the Assemblies of God church or other denominations of Christianity. That doesn't mean we believe less, it just means we feel we don't have to do as much to gain forgiveness. Where Catholics have confession and Assemblies of God have intensive worship and praise. Denomination has a lot to do with it. I have a Lutheran faith, which isn't as hard core as others.
theOperaGhost is offline   Reply With Quote