Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old November 22nd, 2008, 09:47 PM  
ThatCanadianGuy
Awesome Poster

ThatCanadianGuy's Forum Picture

Name: James

I don't know how I have to "twist" the things in the Bible to sound evil. I don't. It is RIGHT THERE. You can read of all the genocide, rape, infanticide, and slavery clear as day. Half of the stuff was done either at God's COMMAND or by God HIMSELF. Even if the God was real why would he take thousands of years before showing up to ONE group (the Jews) and letting everyone else die before them (and presumably not get to heaven since they didn't know about God). Hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePianoMan View Post
God is an omnipotent being and the creator of the universe. I believe God created life and set off evolution. I believe God is there and can control what we do, although I don't think he chooses to control our lives. My feeling is that he lets us control our own life and is there to help if we ask for it. I also feel that he forgives all your sin, no matter what. I feel he's basically like a father. He gets disappointed when you sin, yet he'll forgive you. That is the way a lot of people's fathers are (not everyone's)..
Freud actually did a big study on how psychologically people tend to view God as a deification of their real fathers (interesting and quite true). And now that I have your answer (what you believe). Tell me this (if you don't mind). Why do you believe it? Why do you believe god created the universe, started evolution, etc. Just wanted to know why that is your personal belief.

Last edited by Maverick; November 22nd, 2008 at 10:06 PM.
ThatCanadianGuy is offline   Reply With Quote