View Single Post
Old November 22nd, 2008, 05:56 AM   #2
Callwaiting
Member++

Callwaiting's Forum Picture

Default Re: do you think i could have OCD

As per every mental illness thread, we can't tell you whether or not you have an illness. You've only really told us what you do, not what you feel.
E.g do you feel extremely angry or uncomfortable when a door isn't closed, are you paranoid that if you don't take two steps per square something bad will happen?

The majority of people have OCD behavioral traits, a very common one being the need for a door/window to be closed. The nature of OCD is that it makes you have unreasonable fears and anxieties, so the fear of someone killing you at night can be ruled out as an OCD behaviour; it's more of a general fear. While not likely, it's still a rational fear.
The same can be applied to rechecking your test; most people do this as it helps avoid careless mistakes.

As for the other stuff you said, most people have some OCD behaviors and this could explain them. If, however, they interfere significantly with your everyday life then this might signal something isn't right and you might have developed OCD, which you should go and try to sort out with a therapist.

In my opinion I don't think you have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, although as I said before it's not my call to make and if you're really worried you should arrange to see a local therapist for an asessment.

Hope I could help anyway!
Callwaiting is offline   Reply With Quote