View Single Post
Old October 14th, 2005, 11:42 AM  
ACantstantEar

James and Rudi are a gay couple here at vt. They have a diary, too, it's called "James and Rudi's Room of Romance." Adam and Lynne's diary is called "Love Shack." I think that it is good that there is well-know gay couple as well as a straight couple. Not only does it prove that anyone is capable of loving someone, str8 or not, it also gives everyone diversity; seeing through the eyes of others. There is nothing wrong with being gay. I made my views pretty clear in the Debate forum, the Sticky:Gay Marriage thread, page 9 (Sry, off topic.) But anyway, that's the main thing about VT that strikes me here: this is a place where you aren't judged for who you are. Because of having mental illnesses, I cannot attend public school, but I am glad to be able to come to a site like vt to have a social life, to share my problems without cruel judgement from others. This all has to do with online relationships because a relationship doesn't neccessarily have to mean dating; you can be friends, too. That is the point I'm trying to make: vt is a good place, and I think that everyone has that siginificant "other" here. So, I don't think this is spam: it is being posted as a testament to online relationships and relationships in general.

To get to the point, I have only been a VT member for five weeks, so I really haven't had a chance for an online relationship, but who knows? It may happen.

PM me if you need to talk.....I am always listening.
ACantstantEar is offline   Reply With Quote