View Single Post
Old October 5th, 2005, 08:59 PM  
Blahages
Nice Poster

Oh, come on. We don't need anyone telling anyone else to shut up. He's just stating what he thinks. The point I was trying to make was that you need to do some research for the facts before you make conclusions. Not calling you an idiot, or stupid or anything. I don't like the fact that you called me a liar, but I don't really care. It's not worth making a big thing out of. The reason I kept going on about you being wrong, is because the fact is, I'm not "bullshitting" anyone. I can't be held accountable that you disbelieve me. That's your problem, not mine. I really couldn't care less if you believe me or not. I was just trying to point you in the right direction.

I know Vista is supposed to be a lot fancier then XP. And, there's still time for many things to be changed. But, the fact is, right now, it's basically XP with added things, such as a few new applications, and a updated graphics interface. If you look around, and look at a timeline of the screenshots from the first build of Longhorn, to the most recent version of Vista, you will see how much like XP it started off. From what I understand, Longhorn Build 3000 something started off based completely off XP. The screenshots even said Windows XP Professional, except the Build number wasn't 2600, it was 3000 something. Even as it went through the 4000 line of builds, it was a lot like XP. But, by the time it made it to the 5000's, it's still a lot like XP, but it's different in a lot of ways. If you think about it, they will probably end up on a 6-7000 build number or so before they come to a final. Plenty of time to update it.

Just because someone has been here less time then you doesn't mean they know any less about the subject then you.

I just don't understand, that if you have a teacher who has Vista, and you've seen the OS, you cannot believe those screenshots I posted are valid. They look like Vista, don't they? If they don't, how don't they?

If you have done any research on the subject, you would know that Vista is in build 5219, at least publically known that it's at that build, although it could be and most likely is in a higher build. Thus, you should have seen screenshots and various lists of features currently in the latest builds.

- Bill
Blahages is offline   Reply With Quote