View Single Post
Old October 2nd, 2005, 12:14 AM  
kolte
I am: I am

kolte's Forum Picture

Name: Matt
Default [the people]...are endowed...with certain unalienable Rights

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

Truly words of wisdom from one of our founding fathers, Sir Thomas Jefferson. But what is so Important about this small tidbit of information? Well for one, it is the first ever declaration that states we had the right to the pursuit of happiness. And indeed we do! Or do we?

In recent years I have seen a great deal of debate over, not what these words mean, but over the pursuit of happiness. You may find yourself woundering, but I've never heard any debates about the pursuit of happiness, but really you have. On a broad scale.

Let me put it to you this way. Gay marriage, race discrimination, music choice. Are these not all peoples own pursuit's of happiness? If sombody wants to marry another person of there same sex, is it not to make them happy? If sombody discriminates sombody, such as an arab, because of there race, are you not violating there right to happiness? If a radical christian group denies Marilyn Manson entrence into Denver Colorodo for a concert, is that not denying Mr. Manson a right to a pursuit of happiness.

There has been recent law making decicions about gay marriage in the united states. And you know what. If you happen to get the time, write to your congressmen or women and tell them. In america we have freedoms. And one freedom is our right to be happy. And if this state denys the right of homosexual marriage, then you are shattering the laws layed down by our founding fathers.

""The New Law of Righteousness," that there "shall be no buying or selling, no fairs nor markets, but the whole earth shall be a common treasury for every man," and "there shall be none Lord over others, but every one shall be a Lord of himself.""
kolte is offline   Reply With Quote