View Single Post
Old February 2nd, 2018, 04:04 AM   #13
VT Lover
Default Re: Moderator and Administrator Lead Discussions

Originally Posted by PlasmaHam View Post
As one of the more active debaters, I personally will tone down any rhetoric that might overwhelm or imitate other users if this kind of thread happens. I understand the purpose behind it, and I can control myself enough to be civil and not overbearing upon (not wanting to sound degrading) less informed users.

I can't speak for the other debaters, but I personally can and will tone down my rhetoric. And if other debaters refuse to do such, that is why the discussions will be moderator lead, and with enforced guidelines.
I'll make that commitment too.

I definitely counter rebuttals in ROTW in ways that I feel are appropriate for a debate thread, as you also see in real academic debate clubs at school they are intense.

However for such a thread as I proposed, it would be toned down for more discussion's sake rather than debate.

But Dalcourt's point still stands and I don't know if this can work now.

I still want to try it, better than inaction, to see cause and effect and let it end after a trial period.

But also overworking the mods....perhaps if we have a larger staff in the future we can revisit this idea.
Uniquemind is offline   Reply With Quote