View Single Post
Old January 3rd, 2018, 05:01 AM   #4
jessica653

Default Re: Aggressive mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewLeafsFan View Post
Like I mentioned, your mother is sick. But if your dad is mentally well and allowing this abuse to happen to you, then shame on him. She's sick. What's his excuse?
My father has depression and believes that he no longer has a purpose in life other than me and my brother. A lot of bad stuff has happened to him, including losing a sister to cancer. Whenever he witnesses my mum treating me that way he defends me the best he can, but that only causes her to turn on him and confront me later to accuse me of ganging up on her. What's more, he refuses to seek help for his depression because he believes no amount of counselling could aid him, and the only time he did seek therapy the therapist was no help and blamed the depression on the few areas of his life he was happy in. He really does do all he can, and if there was a way for him to stop my mother he would. She just doesn't listen to either of us. As for where he lives, he and my mother are still together, though he considers breaking up with her when I go to university. Seriously though I'm not at all ashamed of him, he is the most considerate person I know and does what he can.
jessica653 is offline   Reply With Quote