View Single Post
Old October 31st, 2017, 07:23 PM   #3
Elysium
Global Moderator

Elysium's Forum Picture

Default Re: I need help, but I don't want to get it

I'm in a pretty similar position. My situation might not be as difficult as yours, because I live in a different country and I am legally considered an adult here, but I really, really like my general physician. I can't tell you why, but she just hit all the right things for me. She's a lovely woman. And when she started generally asking me about some warning signs for depression, I couldn't lie to her. But therapy is/was also not an option for me, nor is/was my parents finding out. So she prescribed me fluoxetine (Prozac), which my medical insurance covers (albeit of course with a small co-pay). I'm capable of getting that prescription filled, paying for it, and managing it all independently without anyone's help or knowledge save for those involved in the prescription itself.

If you think that might be a possibility for you, I'd encourage you to talk to your general physician. They'll recommend but not require therapy, but they can definitely prescribe you something if you think medication might work for you - at least, in the U.S.

Global Moderator
My Diary
“Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.”
- Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse Five

PM me FAQ
[email protected]
“The Goderator”
~Mike was here~
*Ali*
val
~Steven~
Elysium is offline   Reply With Quote