View Single Post
Old October 10th, 2017, 12:46 AM   #1
AussieNicholas
Junior Member+

AussieNicholas's Forum Picture

Name: Nicholas
Default I feel like I'm going to hate adult life

I'm 17, turning 18 in about a month, and in my second last year of high school. This year I've felt completely overwhelmed by the amount of work the teachers expect to us, to the point that I feel like I wouldn't have any time for myself if I tried to do well in all of my subjects. I've spent most of this year angry because the school expects students to just shut up and deal with it even though they're asking students to give up most of their own time because the school says so. The school keeps bugging me and trying to 'help' me manage it better, but the fact is that the amount of work they're handing out would cut into most of the time I have for myself.

It's gotten to the point where I'm just not exciting to go into the adult world because I feel like this is the kind of standard people will expect of me. I don't want to give up the things I care about just so I can get a job I hate because I need to live somehow. And it's not like I have any prospect of getting married or having a relationship, so I'm constantly wondering what the point is. What's the point of living if 90% I hate what I do and I'm exhausted and miserable? It's at the point where a part of me just doesn't want to live because I feel like this is how things will be from now on.

AussieNicholas is offline   Reply With Quote