Old September 23rd, 2017, 10:15 PM   #4
Scarface
Retired Administrator

Scarface's Forum Picture

Name: Ronnie
Default Re: VT should get a Discord

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaHam View Post
Discord isn't great for VT as a chat replacement. It can't be integrated with the site, so settings within VT won't apply to the Discord.

However, having a Discord server for VT isn't actually that bad of an idea. Discord servers are actually pretty secure, and bots can be used to help moderate. However, I do think a Discord server would need to be an earned privilege. Users can only gain access to the Discord server after 100, 250, or even 500 posts. So while Discord would not work as a standard chat for VT, it would work very well as "veteran members only" exclusive chat. Even in an unofficial capacity.
Vt used to have a pretty big skype group years ago. Though it was very much those who were approved of and known. That way thimgsmwouldnt get awkward. I think it's a great idea for those people who want to chat together outside of here as people do it anyway. This is by no means a replacement for chat as I haven't seen a real massive amount of people flocking to our current chat. So I guess whatever brings this place together and for people to build better rapport with one another is a great idea.

Contact me if you need to talk. I'm always here to help all
you have to do is be honest.

Never Let Go
Act as if it were IMPOSSIBLE to fail.
<3 Mikey
The Need For Speed!

R&G Forever until it turns gray...then it will still thrive
I<3 TheVTStaff
Smart ass #1
Supportive Presence
Scarface is offline   Reply With Quote