Thread: I need help and
View Single Post
Old July 8th, 2017, 03:05 PM   #1
sgtcactus

Name: Nicolas
Exclamation I need help and

Hi, first post. I need some advice

I think I've had bipolar for quite some time now but I think I've been in some sort of denial until April. I cut in the beginning of may for what I believe is the first time but my memory is really shaky and I think I hurt myself and attempted suicide last October, but I barely remember anything from that month. Anyway I've been pretty depressed for about 2 weeks now following a manic episode, and last week I sort of got into a cycle of thoughts and ended up slicing most of my left upper leg quite badly and I really don't remember anything except blood. I'm really worried I might hurt myself really badly or worse

the problem is, if I tell my parents they'll tell me "well you're on Acutane so you're just feeling the depression side effect" and then I'll be taken off Acutane. I've only been taking acutane for a few months and I am sure this was going on long before I started it. I don't really take the acutane for acne (while I do have that), I take it for incredibly painful cysts that pop up and rupture on my face and back that can make it painful to lie down sometimes. And the acutane is working really well and I don't want to go off it, because my parents might not have enough money to afford another cycle.

I feel trapped and that anything I do is the wrong answer, any advice

Last edited by sgtcactus; July 8th, 2017 at 05:27 PM. Reason: typo fix
sgtcactus is offline   Reply With Quote