View Single Post
Old May 24th, 2017, 06:38 PM   #16
Amethyst Rose
The Fragile

Amethyst Rose's Forum Picture

Default Re: Anxiety over trying out for drum major

There's so much I want to say that I'm not sure how to start this post. I'll start by saying that I'm proud of you for auditioning in the first place. Just because you weren't chosen doesn't mean your growth has gone unrecognized; I understand you wanting to be alone, but listen to the feedback you're being given and take it to heart. Tuck it away to reflect on in the future. I've been in the position of "you're not ready yet", and there are no guarantees this will be the last time you, or me, or anyone else is in that position too. We never stop growing and learning, and with effort we can only move forward and make progress. Would you rather go in knowing you aren't ready, or be patient and wait until you are? Don't let this crush the confidence you've built up; you are just as deserving as your friend.

You're also very lucky to have a supportive friend who doesn't compete with you for the sake of beating you. I have a friend who takes competition between us too seriously, and I wish it wasn't like that. It's not every day you have a friend like you have. I'm grateful there's not any tension because of the audition

I hope you can take away something positive from all of this. Please know that if you ever want to talk about this--or anything else--you can message me.

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world."
PM Me Ask Me [email protected]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desynchronized View Post
Gawd dammit the mods r so cruel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Special One View Post
I just food and I still have a hungry.
Amethyst Rose is offline   Reply With Quote