View Single Post
Old May 6th, 2017, 09:19 PM   #1
KatieCO2003
Member+

KatieCO2003's Forum Picture

Name: Katie
Default Creepy comments and messages on VT

I joined VT a while back because it seemed like a good place to discuss things I was struggling over with a group of people my own age. And I'm happy that I've been able to do that. But, it seems that the questions I've had and responses I've posted have made me the target of lurkers and creeps. I've received several very personal comments and messages regarding my sexuality... things that are completely wrong to say to someone my age.

Maybe its just me and my social anxiety, but that really freaks me out and makes me not want to post anything here again.

A few months ago, someone very close to me tried to manipulate me into giving my virginity to her adult boyfriend. The manipulation turned into intimidation, and then threats. I did finally get out of that situation, but it completely destroyed my life as I knew it. Since then, I've been trying to put myself back together, but every time some creep says something lewd to me, I feel like I'm right back where I was 8 months ago. My mind goes crazy wondering if it's all just my fault for trying to express my sexuality and my body goes rigid and I can't move or speak and I don't know what to do.