Thread: The Pill?
View Single Post
Old August 26th, 2005, 04:32 PM  
ScotsGirl
Awesome Poster

Default Re: The Pill?

Sorry i just saw this ..yep, the pill is a great thing ...

I havent used the patch before, however this website might be of some help to you for comparing some of the different types of contraception and it also explains how they work...

http://www.fwhc.org/birth-control/index.htm

And youre not alone, i was also worried about the whole weight gain thing as a side effect of the pill...however, when i asked my doctor she said that as many studies have shown that some people have also lost weight when they have gone onto the pill, and some people have stayed the same, so i guess it can just be different for everyone...

The best advice i could give you is when you go along to the doctor just ask any questions you have . You dont have to decide right away when you are there, you can just go along and talk about all the different kinds before you decide which one you want to go for...
Im not sure what it is like over there, but over here, the doctor went through all the different kinds, asked me (lots and lots lol) of questions...to try and find out which kind would be best

Anyway, when the pill is used correctly, it is extremely effective(thats why its the most popular form of birth control ). The reason people use condoms aswell is because it helps them feel more secure as well as protecting against stds. My doctor said she always recommends it because the pill doesnt protect against stds however, if there is no risk then it is safe to use the pill by itself...and yes he can come in you...

Umm...yikes, sorry i hope i havent just thrown a whole load of info at you...if you have any questions about what ive just said, feel free to ask ...

xxx
ScotsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote